• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hello Everyone, please help

Moin

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 RX1
Hello everyone,

I just picked up my first 03 rx and can't wait for the snow to come. Can anyone help me out finding a service manual for a 2003 mountain non turbo. I have a lot of gas going into my oil.

Thank you!

Tom, with snow checking an Apex XT-X, is there comparable service manual for it where you can provide me with a link? More than likely, it probably won't differ too much between the one I have for the 03 RX-1 and 08 Apex.

Moin, one thing you will have to grow accustom to with the non-fuel injector carbs is that these older cars need to be cleaned and sync'd, preferably each season; at least that is what I do. The jets in these carbs can easily plug but just cleaning alone will not cut it as you also have to sync them. There are many posts on this particular subject. It's also why someone had this emoji created: :carbs:

And an FYI, the cost of a VIP membership will dwarf in comparison with the knowledge you can gleam from this site.;)!

If those carbs have not been rebuilt, cleaned, and sync’d then I would start there. Every carb’d rx, rx warrior, etc that I have seen gas in the oil has always been due to something wrong in the carbs.

Probably a stuck needle valve. I had it happen to me. Seemed to be a combination of ethanol containing fuel from Michigan and not starting for several weeks. After removing the airbox I could see gas pouring out the needle jet of the effected carb when the sled was idling. I suppose it could be a leaking fuel pump diaphram letting fuel into the crankcase pulse line but I doubt it.

Back