• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet bluetooth sets.

Sleddineinar

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
97 700mm & 08 Nytro xtx
FACEBOOK
Sleddineinar
Does anyone have any experience with Bluetooth Helmet headsets/intercoms. Thinking about getting a couple for the family & I.

we got the Uclear ones last year. they only allow so much space between riders and can be shorter in the woods I think in the open it is 1/2 mile. However that is my only complaint and it is minor as we are almost always in range. they are crystal clear have awesome sound quality for music the eliminate all wind noise and have save us from many a trail hazard. I would buy them again in a heart beat. they are totally expandable too as they all piggyback off each other.

we use scala rider and i like them just has a problem with battery life at -40 but i still like them.

I've been using the Sena SMH 10 for several years now and they work well for both motorcycle and snowmobiling.

we use scala rider and i like them just has a problem with battery life at -40 but i still like them.

My son and I also use the scala rider G4 bluetooth headsets and we like them too. As for battery life, I've never had an issue with a full charge not lasting for the days ride but then again, I also don't ride in -40 temperatures. I do know they make a car charger (i.e. AUX port charger) for them as one was included with my purchase but have yet to use it since I always charge them at night for the next days ride.

the uclear generally last the whole day and also charge with a cell phone charger so I just carry a cable for my sled start power supply just in case.

My son and I also use the scala rider G4 bluetooth headsets and we like them too. As for battery life, I've never had an issue with a full charge not lasting for the days ride but then again, I also don't ride in -40 temperatures. I do know they make a car charger (i.e. AUX port charger) for them as one was included with my purchase but have yet to use it since I always charge them at night for the next days ride.

i could charge them on the sled with roc's power supply but my normal ride time is usually short enough that it is not a factor. i usually get about 8-12 hours on a unit at -20c and above.use them on my bike as well all summer.

We have used the Sena S20 for the past 2 years. We love them. Battery life is incredible. Blue Tooth is outstanding. The only down fall is the speakers if not placed correctly do not have the sound quality that it should for music. I found with a helmet that has the pocket for the speakers makes a big difference on placement and make the world of difference in sound quality.

Battery life, I bet I could use them 2 days without a charge. On the Iphone App for the Sena you can make some fine tuning to the unit and you will also get a battery meter on your phone to keep an ey on battery life.

we use uclear but I think rugged radios may be the best for talk will do music real good too but no blue tooth hard wire

I've been eyeballing the chatterbox x1 slim for a couple years. We had them back in the 90's and they had issues in heavy snow. I like the features, especially slaving a passenger to my unit.

My biggest hold up for any unit is that I wear a BV2S Helmet. I'm not sure what to do with the mic... I don't really like the Collette dootalk...

I've had good luck with the UClear headsets. I use them on my bike and sled. I have a set of speakers installed in each of my helmets (BV2S, HJC BT-Max, 3/4 helmet for bike) and move the module around as needed. I recommend the speakers that have the mic on an extended lead to allow positioning closer to your mouth.
They're not the best for high quality music listening however. They've got newer models which may have better audio for music.

I have uclear and bv2s the music quality is awesome and I have the kind with out the boom mic. I removed the ear pads in the helmet drew the outline of the ear piece in the Styrofoam and cur it out down to the plastic inserted the speaker and it is perfect. my ridding buddies have the speakers with the mic and we did the same thing but routed the mics up along the top of the cheek pads. there is no difference in how clear I am vs. them IMO yes it is a little muffled because of the mouth piece but buy no means hard to hear. The external Mics can be damaged by putting on and removing the helmet one was damaged pretty good on buddies I would recommend the unit without the external mics.

Also drilled holes in the plastic on the ear pads in helmet to make it like a speaker grill before inserting the speakers.

Back