• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet Communication Systems

rbell14

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I'm looking to get a communication system for next year. Wondering what company is best for this and looking for feedback on what you have experience with.

Years ago we bought into the Chatterbox X1's.. Blue tooth version. weren't cheap but work well in sub freezing temps all day long. Now you can get the off ebay very cheap... I bought extras for the grandkids for very short change.
The Slim X1's which are basically the same as X1's are ok but don't get the same battery life being a bit smaller or thinner battery. Chatterbox makes a full face mic and open face mic system.

Used the non Bluetooth older style,
3- 5 miles range. Groomer alert as well and since they are in Canada, they back there product.
Every electronic device will hiccup at times but overall a nice setup.

We have Collet doo phone platinum And battery life is excellent range is excellent. The only downfall is they are voice activated but usable once adjusted. VOX works great with a closed face helmet and fair with a open face helmet.

Good to hear, I'm leaning Collet as I'm suspicious with any and all blue tooth on range. I don't care about music, just looking for safety in communication with longest distance.

With the Collett Platinum you can easily Bluetooth to your telephone and listen to music or answer phone calls on your phone if you wanted to. I use this for when I'm on call at work and want to go snowmobiling because I need to hear my phone ring. It's handy. .

Last edited:
We have Collet doo phone platinum And battery life is excellent range is excellent. The only downfall is they are voice activated but usable once adjusted. VOX works great with a closed face helmet and fair with a open face helmet.

How is the sound? Can you clearly hear each other?

Back