• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet Communicators

06apexrtx

Expert
not sure where the best place to post this but i'll try here first. what brand or style on hel. comm. you guys using for snowmobiling? which ones is a good idea to stay away from? i was thinking of putting them on so i could keep track of the wife lol. :rocks:

What kind of helmets do you have? I bought some for myself but I use a Bombardier modular with the mouthpiece I cant use mine. I paid like 200 bucks for them I might sell I will get model number

communication

I have used the Collett Communicators with good results, the only thing to keep in mind is the talk tube has to be touching or as close as possible to your lips for best performance. They don't work well with a face mask of any kind that covers your mouth. Tough to use them when it's real cold.

X2 on the Collet. We have the platinum 900's and love them. After riding with them I find it hard to ride without. Its not that you are going to carry on a regular conversation but it sure makes it nice to be able to ask the wife how things are going, how much fuel left, warn of oncoming traffic, bumps, hazards and give a shout out if need to stop to pee :)

my wifes helemt is hjc(i think) and i have asnoforce modual helmet and we both have the face mask on. i have heard good things about the collet ones. does certain helmets take certain knd of the communicators? i'll have to double check the helmets. thanks.

Mine are the collett communicator 900s they work great in the house or even on the bikes, but without doing something to my mouthpiece I cant figure out how to use them in my snowmobile helmet

Mine are the collett communicator 900s. They work well with minimal interference. Actually saved our lives a few times!! Groomer tone is great to let you know they are close.

Yeah, the groomer tone is a plus but man is it loud. Some helmets (we have HJC) have pockets already built in for the speakers. Collets will work in just about any full face and even MX helmets but if you have the skidoo modular with the mask you need a different model communicator made for that helmet. One thing to keep in mind with the communicators is if you keep the battery warm they will last much longer. I keep my battery clipped to my tekvest under my coat and run the cord out my collar. The battery will last a days ride.

We have the HJC Chatterbox X-1's. In the past we have used the chatterbox Frs models which were pretty good, then we switched to the Collett 900's because so many others recomended them and we ended up giving them away because they were terrible compared to the hjc's. Eventually the FRS models just wore out from too much use and we upgraded to the X-1's. They are worth thier wieght in gold! and anyone who says they are not have never tried them!

I can't believe that their isn't a better system invented yet.

I tried the Col 900's, and they were terrible with a motocross helmet and the speakers are not good for music via ipod.

My Colletts worked great in my bike helmet which is full face but like someone else said with the skidoo modular it doesnt work well with the mouthpiece. Other Modulars are better.

Back