• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmets?

snobill

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 apex xtx
What are you guys wearing? I have an old hjc and I need to upgrade. My old hjc was ok but would like to see what’s better.

I tried a ckx but always end up going back to my hjc modular. heck I like my old one better than my new one.

i was wearing a BRP modular 2 that works great, but this year I bought a 509 delta with elecrtric sheild and a visor. have not used on snow yet,so I hope it works well. fingers crossed

i was wearing a BRP modular 2 that works great, but this year I bought a 509 delta with elecrtric sheild and a visor. have not used on snow yet,so I hope it works well. fingers crossed
Have you used it yet ? Looking for a good helmet for the wife

What are you guys wearing? I have an old hjc and I need to upgrade. My old hjc was ok but would like to see what’s better.

I just received my replacement all new 509 delta r3 2.0.I had last years model&loved it but had some issues with cord/shield&air leaks.509 was really awesome to deal with&sent me a brand new updated model.Havent worn it yet but tons of really important upgrades should be great.Had a modular prior to 509&wasn't sure I would like going back to the older style 1pc helmet but it's so light your neck really thanks you after a long high mileage day&the one pc is way safer in a crash (god forbid) I have no regrets& with the fidlock stap it's real easy to put on/off.Cant wait to try the updated electric shield,cord,new tint color dropdown visor&new vents&chin skirt.all the complaints everyone had were fixed bigtime (also doesn't hurt the helmet is so cool looking)

I have over 14 helmets in my collection. Some are for warm weather some for cold. HJC, FXR, BELL, 509, Castle, Fox. All are good, but in reality if I could only have one, it would be my old HJC no question.

I have over 14 helmets in my collection. Some are for warm weather some for cold. HJC, FXR, BELL, 509, Castle, Fox. All are good, but in reality if I could only have one, it would be my old HJC no question.
My snowmobile dealer carries HJC I just found out. Going to support them and will get the right size figured out without having to order and send it back

Hjc really? That surprises me I guess I’ll stick with hjc but I heard their modulers are cold ?

well on my old one at -40 i would get a draft from the side when not running the right way with the wind across the lakes. i usually try to hide in the trees on those days as it is warmer but some times have no choice. have not had the new one out in those conditions yet. make sure if you get a hjc with the heated visor you keep the recipt handy. both gf and i needed to get the visors replaced under warentee and they wanted to see it.

At -40 I would think they all would be cold! The bar stool may be a bit warmer.

lol that is why i am out at that temp. almost have all the trails to myself.

I just got a 509 Delta 3 2.0 on a black friday sale, with a free toque, but haven't seen or tried it on yet as it is a Christmas gift. My current one is a 5+ year old Zox modular. The heated shield has failed twice on it and was tired of the fogging and icing. Also wanted a sun shield. What I like about it is that I can remove the shield and switch it to a motocross type if I want although I have never tried one. I can borrow my son's goggles.

I can't wait for Sunday! That's when we're unwrapping!

Just bought a Scorpion exo for the wife. Hope she likes it

Back