• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP - 09 Apex need breakdown of chain case parts

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
Hello

I need help, changing my track on my 09 apex and was using a video that I found but it was from a 2011 so the chain case setup is a little different. Does anyone have a break down of the chain case or a video I can watch?

Rick

Hello

I need help, changing my track on my 09 apex and was using a video that I found but it was from a 2011 so the chain case setup is a little different. Does anyone have a break down of the chain case or a video I can watch?

Rick

ok what I am looking for is the install direction on the top shaft on the chain case. Once the inside cover is how I need to know the sequence of parts to go on. Sprocket, nut, spacers, o-ring, cover, etc?

This is the part I need to know location for

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220114_192951.jpg
    thumbnail_20220114_192951.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 139
So would this by the sequence?

inner chain case cover
Spacer in pic
Sprocket
Thin washer
Large nut
Outer cover
O-ring
Spacer with setscrew
Brake disk
Washer
Snap ring

This locking collar is outside the chaincase. goes on just before the collar for the brake rotor.
Parts 23,22 and 25 are in the chain case. 23 is the seal where this collar sets into and the o-ring inside the collar seal the chaincase

That is the collar with the setscew. I am talking about the other collar with the oring inside of it

Back