• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

!!HELP!! 2008 Nytro Er_1 after full throttle

Starrada

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX DX
2009 FX Nytro XTX
2018 Sidewinder LTX
I have a 2008 Nytro RTX (Anniversary edition). When I quickly let off the throttle after having it wide open, the cluster flashes Er_1 and then the sled shuts off for a second or two and then comes back to life on its own. The sled only loses power and flashes Er_1 in that one specific scenario. I have gone over many parts of this sled but can't seem to figure out what is going on. New battery, voltage regulator, ECU, gauge cluster, kill switch, etc. I have also cleaned most of the ground blocks and put dilectric grease in them. Has anyone had this issue before?

Check the main ground wire from the battery. It has a spade connector that can corrode or get loose. Had the same problem on a Phazer.

Turns out the speedo wire was chafing on the foot protector beside the secondary clutch. Quickly letting off the throttle after going fast would ground the wire out, give Er_1 and briefly shut the sled off.
0CF555EC-58AF-425C-AA23-EEEFE9E35079.jpeg

Back