• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP! 2020 SRX Coolant leak leads to electrical Gremlin

Muskrat62

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 SRX, 2018 MXZX, 2016 Blizzard, 2003 RX1 Turbo
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I wanted to get the word out. CHECK ALL your hose clamps on the SRX. I have a brand new 2020 SRX that is leaking coolant. I will try to post a picture of the suspect hose clamp. I found three that were not tight, one was leaking. This is where the story gets interesting. To get to the suspect area, I removed the plenum and ran the sled to see where the leak was. As expected I got a code 22, warmed up the sled and then turned it off. I then tightened that clamp. That is when the sled started making an electronic tone of some sort. Lasted about 15 seconds then an audible click and then the noise stopped. Then about a minute later it started again, over and over and over. I put everything back together and ran the sled. The code 22 went away but the sled continues to make this tone, then it stops, then it starts. Doesn't matter if the key is on or off, doesn't matter if the kill switch is on or off or any combination of those. I decided to sit on the sled and think....guess what happened....the pitch of the tone changed, so I stood up, tone stopped, I sat down, tone started again. I will try to post a video. Is this sled possessed or what? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and if you bought one of these I highly suggest you check every hose clamp. Frustrating! Clamp is right below flashlight.
leaky clamp.jpg

My 2018 sidewinder does that as well. You sit on the seat and make a light buzzing sound you get off the seat and it stops. Mine does that with the key off. Who knows, has not affected anything so far.

Does your 2018 have heated seat? Electronic suspension? It was not doing this until after I disconnected the hood and the plenum. Don't figure.

Disconnect the battery and reconnect. It’s telling you there’s a fault code that needs checking.

The venting gas tank makes a wheezing sound. Does it at random times as the sled is heating the tank or if it’s cooling.

The sky is not falling and it’s normal. My Doos did the same noise thru the vent too.

The noise has nothing to do with the coolant leak or the code.

The venting gas tank makes a wheezing sound. Does it at random times as the sled is heating the tank or if it’s cooling.

The sky is not falling and it’s normal. My Doos did the same noise thru the vent too.

The noise has nothing to do with the coolant leak or the code.

I’m going with a leaky boggie wheel, final answer!
:drink:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I wanted to get the word out. CHECK ALL your hose clamps on the SRX. I have a brand new 2020 SRX that is leaking coolant. I will try to post a picture of the suspect hose clamp. I found three that were not tight, one was leaking. This is where the story gets interesting. To get to the suspect area, I removed the plenum and ran the sled to see where the leak was. As expected I got a code 22, warmed up the sled and then turned it off. I then tightened that clamp. That is when the sled started making an electronic tone of some sort. Lasted about 15 seconds then an audible click and then the noise stopped. Then about a minute later it started again, over and over and over. I put everything back together and ran the sled. The code 22 went away but the sled continues to make this tone, then it stops, then it starts. Doesn't matter if the key is on or off, doesn't matter if the kill switch is on or off or any combination of those. I decided to sit on the sled and think....guess what happened....the pitch of the tone changed, so I stood up, tone stopped, I sat down, tone started again. I will try to post a video. Is this sled possessed or what? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and if you bought one of these I highly suggest you check every hose clamp. Frustrating! Clamp is right below flashlight. View attachment 150327

Why would you not take it back to the dealer? Time is money and I would make them fix the leak.

Why would you not take it back to the dealer? Time is money and I would make them fix the leak.
Agree.....for guys who are not savvy wrenchers, these sleds need to go back to dealer. Many dealers are not good or thorough with PDI and should be held accountable.

Also YAM needs to get any warranty info back to them, so we may get changes for future models. Something i myself am guilty of.

I for one would like to see all these issues fixed, otherwise its only gonna be the gear heads who want to own these sleds.

Just about all my clamps were loose, and I had to take my brand new sled all apart due to leaking coolant. This is a factory issue and needs to be addressed in TRF. Be sure dealer knows. I was sure to relay all my pics and what I had to do to my dealer so work got back to factory. I just worked on buds Cat and went through everything, just about every bolt was not tight....How hard is it to tighten clamps? Must be difficult.

Dan

Agree.....for guys who are not savvy wrenchers, these sleds need to go back to dealer. Many dealers are not good or thorough with PDI and should be held accountable.

Also YAM needs to get any warranty info back to them, so we may get changes for future models. Something i myself am guilty of.

I for one would like to see all these issues fixed, otherwise its only gonna be the gear heads who want to own these sleds.

Just about all my clamps were loose, and I had to take my brand new sled all apart due to leaking coolant. This is a factory issue and needs to be addressed in TRF. Be sure dealer knows. I was sure to relay all my pics and what I had to do to my dealer so work got back to factory. I just worked on buds Cat and went through everything, just about every bolt was not tight....How hard is it to tighten clamps? Must be difficult.

Dan
I need to apply for a job at TRF,These problems will not happen under my watch:beer: TGIF

Back