• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP(clutch maybe?)

dzglaser21

Veteran
So my problem started last season in a middle of a ride. Occasionally when starting from a dead stop, sometimes my sled won't move and the belt just starts smoking. Its happened from first time getting on the sled for the day and it has happened after stopping to cross the road. There is no rhyme or reason to it and happens very random. I have no clues so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Your secondary is probably stuck 1/2 open. If you come to a sudden stop or your secondary cam buttons are worn out this will happen.

The effect you are experiencing most-frequently occurs if you slam on the brakes and not release them to come to a stop. When you lock the brakes to a full stop, the Secondary will not recover to low gear, so to speak.

The best way to avoid this is to allow the sled to come to a rolling stop. Once you get used to not having to chop the throttle and slam the brakes to make a turn, it kind of comes natural to allow the thing to come to a rolling stop. It's just an awareness kind of thing.

Back