• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Identifying Hose

Kryton619

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 Yamaha RX Warrior
2003 Polaris 600 XC SP
Can someone please let me know what the purpose of the hose is in the attached picture? It is located right behind the coolant bottle and has what looks like a spring around the bend.

IMG-20200104-145337.jpg

Can someone please let me know what the purpose of the hose is in the attached picture? It is located right behind the coolant bottle and has what looks like a spring around the bend.

IMG-20200104-145337.jpg
Just a fuel vent/vapor hose ,the spring is for abrasion resistance&to prevent kinking

Just a fuel vent/vapor hose ,the spring is for abrasion resistance&to prevent kinking

Thank you! So the end of this hose is what some people use to pressurize the tank when the fuel pumps and carbs have no fuel in them?

Thank you! So the end of this hose is what some people use to pressurize the tank when the fuel pumps and carbs have no fuel in them?
Yeah some do,my sled didn’t really work/start that way.best way I’ve found after my sled has sat along time is to remove the airbox cover&spray fuel in carb throats with an old windex bottle etc mine fires right up this way

EDIT: Actually, the hose I use to pressurize the fuel pumps is located on the left side foot well, just above it, where the hose plugs into the stem with the red arrow pointed to it in this picture:

t.JPG

Last edited:
That's actually the left footwell in your picture. Just like a car when you are sitting in it, that's the left side of the sled.

Thanks trasher for pointing out my mistake. In my haste in posting, I was trying to state that stem is "right" above the foot well and for some reason had right foot well in my head. Correction has been made.

EDIT: Actually, the hose I use to pressurize the fuel pumps is located on the left side foot well, just above it, where the hose plugs into the stem with the red arrow pointed to it in this picture:

View attachment 152007
It’s the same hose he referred to in initial pic,comes out of top of tank loops around right side&goes over&down left side,it actually does not go to fuel pumps but is a tank vent line &when blowing in it it puts air pressure into the tank

Yes, I realize it's the same hose but wanted to point out where it ended to avoid him from having to trace the hose. Although the hose is in fact a gas tank vent hose, blowing in it will pressurize the gas tank and force fuel to the pumps so I probably should have stated "primed" the fuel pumps rather than pressurize them.

Yes, I realize it's the same hose but wanted to point out where it ended to avoid him from having to trace the hose. Although the hose is in fact a gas tank vent hose, blowing in it will pressurize the gas tank and force fuel to the pumps so I probably should have stated "primed" the fuel pumps rather than pressurize them.
It’s all good just wanted him to realize it was all the same hose that looped right to left

Back