• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help me pick which handguard for the new sidewinder

which one

• Total voters

Will Yamaha have hand guards that fit these to buy ? I wish they came on it like the thunder cats do

Will Yamaha have hand guards that fit these to buy ? I wish they came on it like the thunder cats do

There's nothing It seems available in the accessory catalog on ports site...cat even has led logged hand guards...Yamaha is lagging in the accessory dept.

Mine will have the oem yamaha black and blue with " YAMAHA" wrote in white. A swap it from my 14 viper to my sidewinder.
1025b23d7ea8e257048a984e46a0fdff.jpg

I'm going w/the blue/white. See: http://ty4stroke.com/threads/powermadd-sentinel-handguards-any-good.141670/ for pix.
The led's they are offering are ok, but I really doubt it will make a difference in seeing. In fact if they are that bright (I doubt they are) I would think if anything it would be annoying with all the turning of the bars. They would be like waving a flashlight across your cowl over and over going down the trail. The light would be waving all over. COB LED's can be somewhat bright, but in a strip do not really project very well and the price they have them at is kinda steep. But... If they offered them in the white plastic and set the price at like $40 I would think about them. Note: if going with the PowerMadd guards you need to order the mounts for the hayes style break.

I've got the Hayes mounts and all black sentinels now...might sell the black guards if i get the blue or blue white..

Get the ones from Rox speed Fx, you can get any color combo you want. They will survive rollovers at stupid speeds and last for years. Really top notch stuff, and made in Minnesota.

I love my blue Powermadd ones,work great and match the colour of the sled.

Blue with the LED's. I saw a few Doos at night last year with the LED handguards and it was amazing how they stood out. Not so much for seeing but for being seen. The one was alongside the trail with sled off. Thats how I would wire them. So they are on with a switch right to battery.

Back