• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP on trip, have miss?

..SNAKEBIT..

Expert
riding the Snowies
09 Nytro has miss under load up hill,
no all the time, seems worse in deep
don't notice anything on groomed trail.
No codes on display
new sparks plugs
chk clutchs springs etc look ok

YES
not boosted, N/A
have not changed set-up for 4 years.
stock engine, under tunnel exhaust with 180 (points forward)
installed new plugs Monday

runs fine sometimes, seems to be around 5000-6000 rpm
some times it will rev past, and some times it misses and
lowers to 5-6k rpm.
on some uphills it will miss then revs right past
rideable but tricky.

was on logging road run good, then miss, then run great

Ok so not exhaust getting plugged.

I had similar issue few years ago. Short overview of my issue...
Rode 40km to the hills sled ran fine, get inside doing a climb and sled didn't have power to climb out. Was popping and felt like water in gas.

Get out to warm up shelter put gas line antifreeze in, was there for maybe an hour. Leave to go home and sled ran fine all the way home( trail ride).

Fast forward to the next weekend, same thing.

Get home and was ready to remove tank and clean it out. (But did not, looked fine)

Got a coil from another sled and swapped it through, still acted up.

Gets almost home and check engine light comes on and code, forget now, it was few years. Get off and fool with harness and sled shut off! Oh no! Fooled some more and heard fuel pump kick in so starter it and went home.

Finally was ready to order a new harness for it, thinking my season was over it was late in the year.

I go inside all discouraged have a coffee and some lunch and say to myself nope not done with it yet! I go back out in the shed take the air filters off and start taking the harness out of the sled and find rub through right on engine jyst behind primary clutch. Aha! Fix up wire that is rubbed, tape up wire put back in wire casing, tape that, put loom over harness and reinstall and run sled. Fixed the problem.

Also have heard of wire rub issues in harbess on brake side. Check that out too.

Back