• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help-- rear suspension front shock linkage

Tod

Lifetime Member
not sure how good these pics are but I am thinking picture B is the correct way but could someone look at their nytro and see which way this linkage is supposed to be---this is the bottom of the front shock in the rear suspension of a 2010 nytro xtx.....thanks Tod

DSC02884.JPG
DSC02885.JPG

I believe B is it. I honestly can't remember for sure as I switched over to the Star Suspension system. Here is an image I found on Google

Attachments

• 1189b3ec413ccd93e3a25264184ebf2b.jpg
    1189b3ec413ccd93e3a25264184ebf2b.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 489
I believe B is it. I honestly can't remember for sure as I switched over to the Star Suspension system. Here is an image I found on Google

That pic is the A config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and did it as in my pic B--- I think it only makes sense to get to the grease zerks and just looks correct----thanks

I went ahead and did it as in my pic B--- I think it only makes sense to get to the grease zerks and just looks correct----thanks

im still not positive as to the correct set up.....LOL

If you zoom in on the pic Steeler Jim posted it should be like how you have it on pic A

Mine is like A. Maybe I screwed it up when re assembling?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok thanks -- I switched it to option A.... makes a one inch difference on securing the limiter straps----ie-in option A I hardly have to compress to secure limiter straps but with like B I have to compress the front shock a lot to secure the limiter straps

Yes it's pic A

Just got rid of that set up. Installed a Star Suspension this morning.

Factory seems to have to many points that probably causes binding and friction When looking at it compared to the Stat setup

Star is much simpler .

Just waiting for my shocks to return from rebuild and revalve now

Hey guys how do you up load pictures on this site and on to forums like this to share pictures?
Can't figure it out.
Any help be great

hey Jason22 --to upload a pic just click on "upload a file" located at the bottom right when making or replying to a post ---

Thanks Tod. I didn't realize TY could only take a certain size picture. Until I read the FAC.
Have to resize my pics first

Pulled my ski's today and found it was similar B with the straps in the forth hole and tight, impossible to grease the fittings with no way I could compress by hand. I thought that it should be able to be greased so reassembled as A. Right now it can be greased and i can compress it but the straps are now loose, defeating the purpose of having straps. Before making the change I checked two MP and another lite. One MP was set up similar to A and the other like B. The Lite was set up as A. The A setups had loose limiter straps and The B were tight. Desperate for ideas because it seems now the Shock should be longer or the straps shorter, makes no sense.

Back