• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help!! straight pipe exhaust

Yamahashane

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 srviper mtx 153 mpi turbo
I wanna make my own straight pipe exhaust from the mpi quiet muffler? Will cut underneath the o.2 senser and weld my own custom pipe ( straight pipe).. Anything i should be aware of before doing this regarding the turbo?Thanks!

Any word on this. Just got my viper and its too quiet. Was told to do this by the mechanic that set it up.

If you're planning on doing a straight pipe I'd recommend buying a flange and making a whole new setup from scratch rather than ruining the muffler that comes with the kit. You can purchase the flanges and then use 2.5" pipe rather than the standard 2" plus that slash cut on the mpi muffler is pretty restrictive so with a whole new setup you could make it more of a gradual flowing bend.

Does any company make a direct fit straight pipe for the mpi? Would be very handy if it was already made. lol get tiered of making stuff.

I know this is old but will AFR numbers change

Back