• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help?what i do to rid of track spin?

The power today's sleds have there is no such thing as no track spin, way to much HP and torque. Besides you will leave a mogul in the trail and other riders will be cussing up a storm "what SOB did this to ruin the groomed trail"? First the long track ditch pickle whoops the trail, then someone decides to do a holeshot at each intersection or piss break. Now stud it up and take to the drags on the lake and your golden. :4STroke::sled2::rocks:

them buggers that do the stop sign hole shot pile are irritating. last guy i saw do that was in a group of 3 doo's and i was tempted to chase him down at the time.

so how many studs on my stock track then?

them buggers that do the stop sign hole shot pile are irritating. last guy i saw do that was in a group of 3 doo's and i was tempted to chase him down at the time.
Thats why I need to solve this problem.they never should of put that track on from the get go..its very hard not to spin the track

Thats why I need to solve this problem.they never should of put that track on from the get go..its very hard not to spin the track

Just an FYI note for you!

I have had 2 different style tracks on my 17 LTX-LE, ( 1.22 prestudded Ice Attack and the stock RIP ll studded)and both of those during my MAX Spool 16 power, and spinning coming out of the hole on really nice trails has not been a problem at all. It’s all in your clutch setup, low and smooth engagement is where it’s at for me, I gain sled lengths instead of sitting there spinning or spinning for 100s of feet!

Have tried a more aggressive clutch setup just to find that I am just spinning out of the hole and losing mpg also.

Now if your talking ice racing, that’s a different story, I shall just spin! My 2 cents..

Longer lug tracks are out for me, I like my top end and I have seen the non results of longer lug tracks coming out of the hole on hard pack conditions, lugs bend over and cause lots of spinning from what I have seen on an RTX with an Ice Cobra. Talk about spinning, just wow wow wow, soft lugs bend easy, but then again add lots of long studs to that same track and it will prevent the lugs from bending and you will loose 5-6 mph on top, no matter what anyone claims. Sure just add more power to claim that top end back....

Last edited:
Just an FYI note for you!

I have had 2 different style tracks on my 17 LTX-LE, ( 1.22 prestudded Ice Attack and the stock RIP ll studded)and both of those during my MAX Spool 16 power, and spinning coming out of the hole on really nice trails has not been a problem at all. It’s all in your clutch setup, low and smooth engagement is where it’s at for me, I gain sled lengths instead of sitting there spinning or spinning for 100s of feet!

Have tried a more aggressive clutch setup just to find that I am just spinning out of the hole and losing mpg also.

Now if your talking ice racing, that’s a different story, I shall just spin! My 2 cents..

Longer lug tracks are out for me, I like my top end and I have seen the non results of longer lug tracks coming out of the hole on hard pack conditions, lugs bend over and cause lots of spinning from what I have seen on an RTX with an Ice Cobra. Talk about spinning, just wow wow wow, soft lugs bend easy, but then again add lots of long studs to that same track and it will prevent the lugs from bending and you will loose 5-6 mph on top, no matter what anyone claims. Sure just add more power to claim that top end back....
I am going to go with your tune soon as my warranty expires

I am going to go with your tune soon as my warranty expires

Good choice, big noticeable difference from stock and even from the Ecotrail tune. That power is a blast, no more stock deceptive power for you. Max Spool 16 with it’s power, added ability to see your boost # if wanted and the protection of the knock light all on 91 octane pump gas.

Put some long studs on and you will hook. The 137 skid sucks for weight transfer, is what it is. They will never hook great on the trails unfortunately.

Not much weight transfer for ski lift for sure, but as far as hooking up and only lifting the skis a couple of inches, I find that the 137 outshines the 129 out of the hole. That 129 is a fun sled with it’s ski lifting abilities on the trails.

They both have their better attributes!

137 hooks, while your wheeling I’m gone!

ok what studs i will do the middle..is it worth factory holes drilled?

Same here I currently have 144 2/4 pattern
But I am installing studs on the outside of windows for this season. It will be my last year on that track. Next year I will be putting on a 1.5 track and studs
20200718_223453.jpg

i have the helo system in the rear seems to work great for transfer

Back