• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with 08 apex rtx front skid suspension bolts

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 yamaha apex rx10ltx
So I had my skid out last season and did a bunch of work and when I put it back in the front right bolt tightens up to the metal but then just spins and doesn't actually torque down.. tried running it anyway and every 10 minutes of hard riding I was tightening the bolt back up by hand with a wrench on the side of the trail. When I hit it with the impact gun it won't snug up either just spins. Anyone run into this? Do I have to pull the skid and frame out and change something? Any help would be appreciated.

On an RTX the front arm as a long aluminum shaft that is threaded on each side. Likely the shaft is spinning when you try to torque it down. Sometimes you will have to hold the opposite side bolt with a wrench while tightening one side.

I agree, it's happens to me when i drop my skid for service. You have to put a wrench on opposite side bolt and tighten them together. If it still spins then the threads are stripped in the shaft.

Back