• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with cam tensioner in north east Wisconsin

Komo

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Venture
Hey sledders just wondering if anyone is around this area to do a cam tensioner update for an 06 Venture

Hi I live in Shawano and I think we could get it done there is a nice write up on it to follow. I haven't done one but I wrench all the time.

I have a cousin that is an auto mechanic, He would probably do it for me but I don't know if I would be pushing him out of his comfort zone. I thought that maybe someone in the area that has done some would maybe chime in.

up to you I'm not far and I have a full garage. bring a 12 pack of Bush light and we will get it done in a few hours.

Honestly anyone with some mechanic skills should be able to handle this with the write up in the sticky in hand. Me and a buddy did his a couple of years ago and it was no problem, just take your time and double check everything. And while we are both weekend wrenchers keeping our own cars on the road, neither of us are pros. But maybe save the brews for after ;)

Maybe I drink to fast or work to slow, but if I would have been drinking when helping my buddy I would have been S...faced by the time we were done and double checking timing marks would have been a little rough when there is two of everything. LOL!!

Back