• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with fox float 3 evol

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have tried the search function and haven’t found what I’m looking for. I also have the fox float 3 evol user manual and it is very vauge on set up. It does give some basic guidance on pressures. I have these shocks on the skis and 2 in the skid. I can find a bit of info for adjusting the ski shocks pressure but nothing for the front and back shocks in the skid. From what I have researched the evol chamber controls the bottoming out, and the main chamber is for the harshness/softness of the ride. Correct? If so, should I set the evol chamber to the minimum pressure that keeps the shocks bottoming out for my weight and riding style, both on the skis and in the skid. And then set the pressure in the main chamber to give me the ride quality that I want.

Basically you are correct, main chamber for ride height and quality and the EVOL for bottom out resistance.
Typically you will get your best ride and most usable shock travel when the EVOL chamber is approx 40% more then whats in your main chamber. For example say that you have 60 psi in the main chamber of the ski shock, then using the 40% rule of thumb you would run 84-85 psi in the EVOL chamber.
There are exceptions to this of course and if you notice that the sled is bottoming out to often then you could bump up the EVOL chamber some.

There is a good video here
that shows how the EVOL chamber works using clear tubes.

Usually I will adjust the air pressure in 5 psi increments as 5 psi can make a noticeable difference. Once you get the air pressures close to where you like them, then you can fine tune the ride/handling even more by having the shocks re-valved for your weight and riding style.

Set your shocks extremely soft to start, and work up from there. That's the generally standard way to dial them in.
Be aware that with air shocks, temperature has an effect on the pressure as well. That's a big knock on those shocks. So if you are looking for perfection it's a moving target every time the temperature changes.

i plaued with mine lots but im 300 pounds. i found they have to be at the top of there travel, no sinking into the rear much at all and works best. im at 140 rear and 250 in evol in rear also

Back