• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with Viper Ltx Shocks

Yamaha81

Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Yamaha Viper
Hi guys just kind of going threw my sled and seeing what I can upgrade. Just threw in a set HID from Rocz and they seem awesome and super easy to install. Was wondering what kind of shocks these are? Are they any good or should I replace? Also any feed back on these skis would be great. I felt like my sled was all over the place when I rode it last year and not taking turns all that great

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5806 Small.jpeg
    IMG_5806 Small.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5810 Small.jpeg
    IMG_5810 Small.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5822 Small.jpeg
    IMG_5822 Small.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5815 Small.jpeg
    IMG_5815 Small.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 53

Stock “HPG” shocks…basically unbranded Fox Zero Pro’s cheapened up for AC to use on their sleds.

Try a different ski, the new strike ski, curves or C&A’s. the later requires more steering effort. The strike seem to be working good.

Any setups you recommend?
I don’t think the ‘14 Vipes had the best valving. If I was you I’d get ahold of @cannondale27 and have a chat with him about your shocks and various options for improvement.
As far as skis go, I’ve never been a fan of the Tuners on the DB sleds, and less so on any PC sled I’ve ridden. Single keel Cat skis, or old style Yammy (single keel) skis with Snowtrackers are your best bet in my opinion.

I don’t think the ‘14 Vipes had the best valving. If I was you I’d get ahold of @cannondale27 and have a chat with him about your shocks and various options for improvement.
As far as skis go, I’ve never been a fan of the Tuners on the DB sleds, and less so on any PC sled I’ve ridden. Single keel Cat skis, or old style Yammy (single keel) skis with Snowtrackers are your best bet in my opinion.
Thanks Stubbs

Back