• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here are the Hand Signals while sledding.

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
I really encourage everyone to get the LED Safety Lights. Until we are all running them here are the Hand Signals used while sledding and we should all know them.

Attachments

• handSignals_left.gif
    handSignals_left.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 833
  • handSignals_right.gif
    handSignals_right.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 824
  • handSignals_oncomingSleds.gif
    handSignals_oncomingSleds.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 794
  • handSignals_slowing.gif
    handSignals_slowing.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 814
  • handSignals_lastSled.gif
    handSignals_lastSled.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 803
  • handSignals_sledsFollow.gif
    handSignals_sledsFollow.gif
    2 KB · Views: 809
  • handSignals_stop.gif
    handSignals_stop.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 802

It's rare that I ever encounter someone on the trails who uses the "official" signal for last sled in line.

Everyone around here, including me, drops the left arm straight down to signify last in line.

soooo, let's se if i get this right... the second signal will be mostly used by us riding a Yamaha... I don't think we need to learn that third signal... will never happend... :yam:

I also believe it's important to communicate with oncoming traffic and those behind, but I'd rather have the inexperienced ones or in difficult situations keep both hands on the bars. Otherwise, signal away.

YS

As I generaly am the lead sled, I signal sleds coming at me with say 3 fingers out to represent the 3 sleds behind me in my group. I like this, because it lets the other riders know not to hammer it yet.

Vince

Grimm.. What is funny is that riding in Quebec the map indicates the hand signal of dropping the left hand to indicate the last sled. In Tug hill we normally do a closed fist. Things seem to be different every where you ride.

Last sled is a closed fist here in michigan

Wow you really dug deep to find this 7 year old thread. Those safety lights really never caught on and I still have both of them on my sleds.

1CrazySledder said:
As I generaly am the lead sled, I signal sleds coming at me with say 3 fingers out to represent the 3 sleds behind me in my group. I like this, because it lets the other riders know not to hammer it yet.

Vince

Same for me, It gets under my skin when the oncoming sled gives you nothing.

Ya just looking around here trying to find some new stuff to read lol

Had one, think it was popular with Ty. Mine lost some lighting, otherwise liked mine a lot but that's why I no longer use it.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Back