• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here is a reminder to add bop tunnel hose saver during summer maintenance

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
I got this sled In for maintenance and to repair the antifreeze leak.
As many of you know it's not a quick fix to replace that little 0.50$ peice of hose In the front of the tunnel (chaincase side)!!!

To replace this hose the gas tank, manifold cover, extension pipe , skid , track/driveshaft all have to come off.

Then you need to drill out the rivets connecting the coolant pipe running down the tunnel to the rear heat exchanger. The 2 nipples are only 1/4" apart so it's impossible to put the new hose on with pipe riveted to the tunnel!!!

Do your self a favor and either make the covers or buy them from Travis at Barn of parts if you haven't already!!
2021 has a new braided hose replacing the rubber one. IMO it will be much easier to add the covers then upgrading to braided hose for any sled pre 2021

20200327_144202.jpg
20200325_123915.jpg

Attachments

• 20200325_130758.jpg
    20200325_130758.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

IMO that’s another half assed production issue. Can’t believe they actually sent sleds out with that BS connection. I put Travis’ guards on as soon as I saw that.

IMO that’s another half assed production issue. Can’t believe they actually sent sleds out with that BS connection. I put Travis’ guards on as soon as I saw that.
It's a total hack job!! I can't believe they cut out slots in the tunnel for the gear clamp bolt..lol

I had some reservations when I first installed the BOP guards 3 years ago! I was concerned they might rub the bottom of the exchanger and my thoughts were correct. I pulled them today while doing some maintenance and since Marc had just posted about this. You can see where they have rubbed into the aluminum and wore it down a bit. Now I think the extrusion is thick enough anyway but perhaps Travis could give us the same guards but maybe bend them with a 1/16”- 1/8” more clearance????

Marc your 2nd pic shows the hose deformed, was it like that before you got working on the sled ?

Marc your 2nd pic shows the hose deformed, was it like that before you got working on the sled ?
Yes I am guessing the tunnel iced up and pushed the gear clamp causing the it to puncture the hose when he took of

I will still put them on my new sled!!!
Can we add a bead of silicone or something at the bottom of the protector before you install it ?
Just thinking if we put something between the two pieces of aluminum to insulate the two
from rubbing. I installed the protectors at the beginning of the season.

oh man, what a disaster if it takes so much reaching to fix a hose...lookslike the machine has to be almost ripped down completely...what's the fix to avoid this? A BOP tunnel protector? Do I got this right?

Yes BOP makes them..
upload_2020-3-28_21-2-58.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-28_21-2-24.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-28_21-2-24.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 247

Back