• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

here is best mod to be quicker on the trail

ebockus

Pro
I have messed with older apexs from one end to the other. In my opinion the best mod by far to make u quicker on the TRAIL is ski don't precision ski. U will be amazed. Your apex has decent trail power but crap skis and rear suspension. These skis steer amazing. hope it helps.

I can't comment on that ski but I can tell you that installing the Yamaha dual runner tuner skis on my old '07 Apex made a huge difference.

Friend of mine ran both. I got the impression the performance was comparable. But yes Yamaha dual is great improvement. More power isn't always quicker. Faster yes, but not quicker.....

Running stock skis, I have found the best combination to be Snowtrackers with a 13 mm sway bar. This really improved the handling.

it's different from person to person . Body weight has a lot to do with a lot ! Love my skis with my carbide choise and set-up.heavier ,over weight friends don't like it . Thanks for the info .;)!:letsnow:

Rode with snow trackers. imo they didn't handle near as well as the skis. I'm not refering to darting. I'm talking about steering, on the trail, riding very aggressive. Anyway to each there own. I have ridden all three setups. plus precision skis are cheaper. i paid 120$ with carbides lol

But the darting was worth sacrificing for trail handling?

Solved the darting issue back in the rx 1 days by shimming. was a 50 cent piece of rubber. anyway. take it or leave it. just trying to share. I'm going to assume u have never run these skis. i can pretty much guarantee these will out perform trackers. if not stock i added a custom third cardbide but the bite is a little to aggressive, but zero dart with it.

Solved the darting issue back in the rx 1 days by shimming. was a 50 cent piece of rubber. anyway. take it or leave it. just trying to share. I'm going to assume u have never run these skis. i can pretty much guarantee these will out perform trackers. if not stock i added a custom third cardbide but the bite is a little to aggressive, but zero dart with it.
Have you ever ran snow trackers?

Yup. there great. but the skis are better. try em. you'll see. where i ride no one really has those old style precision skis so there are no similar ruts. and if there were my custom third carbide gets rid of that. i can't take credit for this is was shown. anyway. I'm done with this convo. i was just trying to help. Side note: i also use the 13mm sway bar. snapped so many stock ones. plus it helps reduce inside ski lift.

Ebockus
I notice you seem a little agitated and have given up the conversation already but i figure i will ask anyways.
Maybe you will respond.
Isn't the old precision ski the ski that simmons sued skidoo over, supposedly it was too similar to simmons?

If that is the case, just wondering if you have run simmons flexi skis to compare against the precision ski.

I currently use simmons and feel they work best for my riding style but i am always interested in trying something different.
I have access to an old set of pilots but not sure how to/what is needed or used to mount them.

Any input is appreciated

Yes u are correct from what i researched anyway. the got sued. i have not run the flexy skis. So i can't comment. sorry if u read up on the article talking about how the precision ski works and ski dint getting sued i think it would answer u better than i can. to mount them just flip one bushing on the ski. Little file on the bushing. they steer really well with much less effort. I have ridden with many apexs with all kinds of set up and just watch em push through the corners thinking to myself how impressed i am with the precision ski. really we should give the recognition to Simmons lol

If u have em sitting there maybe try em. but i doubt there much difference to the Simmons. after all i get the impression Simmons developed it anyway. hope that helps. i know i can keep up with guys i couldn't before and it has nothing to do with my clutch, air box, suspension re valve, exhaust, fuel tuning, etc mods. I've done so many i forget lol. skis were the best improvement so far. unless u are a lake runner then forget what I've said. lol

Back