• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hesitation off idle help please!!

dixopr

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
VK pro 11
Nytro mtx 08
Hello All,

Looking for a little advice. My vk pro is stumbling off idle sometimes and has some hesitation at the lower rpm range. I pulled the plugs and looks like one was fouled, changed them and noticed a little rust in one of the coils. I'm wondering if the coil is not contacting the plug well enough and spark is reduced until higher rpm. Also seems a little intermittent. Was thinking of filling the plugs with dielectric grease to keep out water and make sure its got good contact.

on my rx i coated the plug tips and outside of the coils when i replaced the plugs with die electric grease.

when i do them on my apex i am going to coat them with a spray called pendilube i discovered since then.

Any carb idle jet advice? Pulled the fuel system except the carbs and cleaned everything after fixing up the coils and plugs. Still have idle and off idle issues.

Did you remove the air fuel screws? from factory they are hidden behind a plug. Drill a tiny hole and then thread a small screw into it so you can pull it out with a pliers.

Ok, why pull them?

Ok, took carb apart and it was dirty. Cleaned it put it back together and fited it up. Runs great now but wont idle well. I turn up the idle and it does well but then pops up in rpm then surges forward and start running. I cant find a spot where it idles but but doesnt engage the clutch.

Back