• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hey tuners!

zxtyler

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 SRX
Here we go . 2020 srx, td bundle, dalton clutch parts, from zero in a playful drag race if you go to the bar quickly it launches ok but it holds only 8400 rpms. If somewhat feather it , it does well ,around 8900 most of the way to 130 mph (Speedo). 1.5 rip 2... 22 drive gear. Is it over shifting & never catch up Because of track spin? I want around 8900 all the way thru. 35 helix .xs belt

Need more details. What primary spring, qay70s or DTYA1s, secondary spring, helix?

Dalton 35 deg. Helix,black/orange secondary. @ 6-2. Dtya 1 weights empty . Not sure on primary spring but it is dalton.

Dalton 35 deg. Helix,black/orange secondary. @ 6-2. Dtya 1 weights empty . Not sure on primary spring but it is dalton.

With a 35 helix it should be spinning up 9000 at will, even in the deep snow. Are you using V1 or V2 Black/Orange secondary spring?

V2 is stiffer and the one you want to be using. Try lightning up the secondary at 6-3 or 90 and see if that helps. If it can't turn up at 9000 all the time there there is something not right with the engine or tuning.

What tune are you running on with this clutch package and having issues like this?

Depending on the tune your weights may be on the heavy side with xs belt. Those way 74.9 empty......you wont turn that on powertrail and possibly even ms17 depending on other factors. Not sure why you get better rpms feathering it though, only time I had an issue like that was a messed up xs belt, swapped the belt and all was good. Is your belt pretty new?

Primary has black/ bronze & slightly rubbing. Secondary is v2 according to paint. only able to ride a bit. No snow. Ms 16 is the only level I’ve tried this season . Maybe weights a little heavy for that. Belt has about 800 miles. That’s 3x what I was getting on a belt. If I’m going 25 or 30 mph & wick it, it does have decent rpms. Once in awhile it hits 9000. If I nail it from zero it may go to 8800-9000 but as soon as it starts to hook the rpms fall to 8400, once in awhile lower Than that. It acts like the secondary can’t raise the belt back to lower gearing.

Primary has black/ bronze & slightly rubbing. Secondary is v2 according to paint. only able to ride a bit. No snow. Ms 16 is the only level I’ve tried this season . Maybe weights a little heavy for that. Belt has about 800 miles. That’s 3x what I was getting on a belt. If I’m going 25 or 30 mph & wick it, it does have decent rpms. Once in awhile it hits 9000. If I nail it from zero it may go to 8800-9000 but as soon as it starts to hook the rpms fall to 8400, once in awhile lower Than that. It acts like the secondary can’t raise the belt back to lower gearing.
Wayyy too heavy for ms16 with xs belt. You need qay 66 or qay70’s empty.

So I can live with that. As long as when I turn up it pulls more rpms. If it does not I will be looking for you guys again. Thank you... stupid weather!

Back