• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hi everyone, 1st yamaha, leaving skidoo behind............

rj998

Pro
Nice to meet everyone, just did a voucher for a 2010 xtx black and hope I enjoy it....1st yamaha sled since my dad bought a 76 srx new. Other than that I have a grizzly 660 so my garage isnt a virgin to yamaha, I have been riding and racing skidoo my whole life, I have a 800 trip asphalt sled, 800 prostock ice/grass sled, and love my 05 830 renegade but just not impressed with what skidoo brings anymore, My best friend got a job working for yamaha and left MI and lives in SD now as a rep. and has been pounding yamaha into my brain for years, so Im pretty excited about it all. 1st thing id like to know is what is the drive pitch of the xtx, is it 2.52 thanks jason

Good luck with your new sled. The XTX is an awesome sled and you will like it. My wife loves everything about her 08 Nytro and the XTX is a much better sled.

Re: Hi everyone, 1st yamaha, leaving skidoo behind..........

rj998 said:
Nice to meet everyone, just did a voucher for a 2010 xtx black and hope I enjoy it....1st yamaha sled since my dad bought a 76 srx new. Other than that I have a grizzly 660 so my garage isnt a virgin to yamaha, I have been riding and racing skidoo my whole life, I have a 800 trip asphalt sled, 800 prostock ice/grass sled, and love my 05 830 renegade but just not impressed with what skidoo brings anymore, My best friend got a job working for yamaha and left MI and lives in SD now as a rep. and has been pounding yamaha into my brain for years, so Im pretty excited about it all. 1st thing id like to know is what is the drive pitch of the xtx, is it 2.52 thanks jason
I used to be all ski-doo too. Then I met my fiance and that had to come to an end considering her dad owns a yamaha dealership. ;)! I was resistant at first but i though what the heck I'll try it. I've always had yamaha dirtbikes but never once a sled. Boy am I glad I changed. This 4 stroke is the best sled I've ever had. I'm glad I made the change over. Honestly if I didn't meet her I still might with ski-doo.

Yeah I'm pretty excited, I have riden apex and apex gt but not the nytro, being I am an agressive rider and all I care to do is boondock I thought the xtx would be good, not to mention I am all about johnny cashing everything I own so the 2010 is allready done. ;)!

Welcome to Team Blue as well as to the site! I snowchecked my 09 XTX at this time last year! This is my first Yammi too, I came over from many years of Poo! Couldn't be happier I made the switch! I love 4 strokes and nobody makes 'em better than Yamaha! The Nytro is a ridiculously fun sled to ride and that motor is like a drug!! You'll find tons of useful information on here as well as some very knowledgable people! Enjoy!
;)!

Blue 4's Rule said:
Welcome to Team Blue as well as to the site! I snowchecked my 09 XTX at this time last year! This is my first Yammi too, I came over from many years of Poo! Couldn't be happier I made the switch! I love 4 strokes and nobody makes 'em better than Yamaha! The Nytro is a ridiculously fun sled to ride and that motor is like a drug!! You'll find tons of useful information on here as well as some very knowledgable people! Enjoy!
;)!
Glad to hear, just what I was wanting the hear. thanks!

congrats on coming over, I did the same thing also from Doo. Just remember to do some research on the forums if your setting the sled up for boondocking (skis/track etc) 4 stroke has an awesome feel and noise!

Southern Renegade said:
congrats on coming over, I did the same thing also from Doo. Just remember to do some research on the forums if your setting the sled up for boondocking (skis/track etc) 4 stroke has an awesome feel and noise!
Ya well I have usi px 301 snowcross models, they are really wide and they are on my rev and i really like these skis but not sure if they will fit the xtx or if I have to buy different mount or maybe just buy something else, I wish they would make a 1.50 cobra track I have the 1-3/8 that is actually 1-1/4 on my rev and really like it alot.

I think you'll love the XTX. Takes a little patience to set it up properly and if you're picky about things, you'll need to put a few bucks into it to dial it for your particular riding style. I've run the Curve XS skis as well as Slydog Powderhounds on my '09 XTX and each had a particular area they were better in- with the edge going to the Curves just because they are better on the trail. As for a track- I noticed you said you like boondocking- if that's the case, I think you need to rethink the 1.75 track. I don't know where you ride, but in the U.P. here in MI or even in the deep pow near Petoskey/Harbor Springs, you really need more than a 1.5 to get where you're going. Yes, you'll lose top end, but if you're truly boondockin', then going 110mph is useless. It'll be a little tricky to get used to the weight too- coming from a Doo- but as others have said, the motor in these Nytros is intoxicating- fastest sled to 85mph I've ridden that isn't a big lake pig. Hope you have fun next winter with it- I know I like mine... ;)!

rj998 said:
Kråkan said:
1,75" backcountry is a good track.
I'm sure that is a good track but youre not going to have speed with it. Or at least high speeds

True, but speed isnt a big deal for my. 140km/h on the meter is what i get with my RTX. Although i have changed my upper gear to a 20T so I dont think it will go any faster with that gearing.

Kråkan said:
1,75" backcountry is a good track.
rj998 said:
I'm sure that is a good track but youre not going to have speed with it. Or at least high speeds
Kråkan said:
True, but speed isnt a big deal for my. 140km/h on the meter is what i get with my RTX. Although i have changed my upper gear to a 20T so I dont think it will go any faster with that gearing.
The Back Country 1.75" does take quite a lot of top speed away.
But if you are interested in top speed, why do you have the FX Nytro in the first place...???
Or, like an old friend used to say - high top speed is for those without riding skills...:)

Back