• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID lights on a RX

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
Wondering if anyone has any pictures of how they installed these lights? I seem to have a problem getting the wire clip to seat properly. I can get it to clip but its not seating properly like when the OEM lights are installed?

Yea I am thinking I will call him or rock. I went to sled start website and they have a long set of cables for the front hinged type of hood such as mine and I am wondering why I was not sent that setup. Right now I have no choice but to install the ballasts near the lights on the hood. I had the lights fired up though already and they are bright.

Sled Dog said:
Yea I am thinking I will call him or rock. I went to sled start website and they have a long set of cables for the front hinged type of hood such as mine and I am wondering why I was not sent that setup. Right now I have no choice but to install the ballasts near the lights on the hood. I had the lights fired up though already and they are bright.

I would call Rock. He has some new HID Systems that are steller.

Ok after some frustration and head scratching I figured out what was the problem. The little screws that holds the tri tab holder and deflectors on the HID bulbs in place were touching the top of my socket. Keeping them from seating properly and thus affecting the wire retainer from working properly as well. I used a vacuum to suck up any particles and a rat tail file to notch out where the screws were touching. The HID then went in and seated correctly and the wire retainer then worked perfectly again. The rest of the install was straight forward and very easy. These lights make my 05 rx1 lights look yellow and now I have to wait for snow to really try them out. Thanks for a great product Rock!

site member. user name is rockmeister. makes the hot hands kit for the rx and apexes.

blkhwkbob said:
Who is Rock?

Rockmeister... from Yamaheaters dude who is now in the HID business and based on what I have seen in the last few weeks, this system is cleaner, to install and way less wire mess... I am hoping he posts his product soon.. with his quick install harness, it "ROCKS" lol

Hi Guys!
Just returned from Munising in the UP.
(Was helping getting everything ready for grooming this winter.)
Have spoken with Sled Dog directly.
Believe he is all set! ;)!

The long harness he is speaking of runs down to the battery, it doesn't relocate the ballasts.
It doesn't have any advantage to it, simply makes the kit harder to install.

The new lamps I have coming in should take care of the screw issue so you do not have to modify anything.
I am offering the new kits to the first 10 TYers for $150 (Regular is $180) to get them out there so you guys can see the quality of them!

If you would like to get a set at the reduced price, send me a PM here right away.

Rock :-o

Yes Rock I am all set up. Thanks for the offer to send new HID lights without the little screws much appreciated. The file and vacuum method to notch out where the screws are located only took minutes and was easy. The quick connect harness is fast neat and easy as well. You will spend way more time finding the best place to install the ballasts and tie back wires to make it neat than hooking everything up. Cant wait to see how bright these lights really are on the snow. ;)! ;)!

Hi Sly!

Your PM is answered.

You are welcome Sled Dog!
Wait until you ride with them, it is a major advantage!
Feels like you are riding with candles with the stock lights now.

Rock :-o

Back