• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hidden zerks

Kenjeepman78

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 RS Vector
Maybe this is well known but it was a surprise to me. I am replacing the a arm bushing in my 15’ vector. When I pulled the nose cone off the lower a arm bolts have grease fittings in the end of them!! My pics say file to big but I thought it was worth a share. Not sure what year they did this. The front cone comes off with 6 philips head screws.

Really I had no idea
Can you get at it from above by removing the center part of the hood?

I will have to look when I reassemble. They are very low in there if you had a 90 degree fitting on the grease gun possibly. The panel is real easy to remove tho. Only the bottom a arm bolts have them would be nice if the uppers did to.

Yes, only bottom bolts for the lower a-arms have them. The same holds true for the newer Apex's:

Capture.JPG

Ok no that’s from below only

thanks

I
Ok no that’s from below only

thanks
Its not really below its kinda just in front you would not have to jack the sled up or anything. It is just the very front panel under the bumper.

i use barn of parts bulkhead saver on my sleds and there is no need to grease that fitting with it on.

I

Its not really below its kinda just in front you would not have to jack the sled up or anything. It is just the very front panel under the bumper.

Yes I get you now

I have a 14 and 13 Vector LTX and 15 Venture GT and they all have these fittings also. I greased them but it looked like there was plenty of grease in there already (was coming out the end) from the outside upper arm zerk so I probably won't even bother to grease these in the future.

Back