• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High Beam light blinking (code)

Budyzer

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
My son has a 2009 Phazer MTX and a couple weeks ago he was getting Code 43 and the blue high beam light would blink. When he tried to start it, nothing would happen, you couldn't even hear the fuel pump. Got it home, dried everything out and with some research thought it might be the grounding block getting wet. Dried it out taped it up and work ok for a couple weeks. Today he went to start it, got code 81 (hand warmer) and the blue light flashed again and the machine shut off and couldn't get it start (wouldn't even turn over).

Anyone else have this blue high beam light blink??? The hand warmer code should'nt shut the whole machine down.

I called one dealer and he thinks it could be the ECU but has never heard of the blue light coming on.

Thanks,

clean and redo all the grounding blocks and grounds on the sled 1st.

What's the best way to clean the grounding block? Can it be taken apart?

So the dealer can't seem to run the VIN number because the machine was imported from the USA (I live in Canada). I ordered a new grounding block, they are very cheap and looks easy enough to do.
Found the service bulletin on this site :)

Any idea what the blue clip is for?? It comes of that wiring that goes back to the battery and connects onto a ground wire that goes into the grounding block.

IMG_1542.JPG

Looks like someone's homemade ground block fix. Are there two wires missing from the yellow grounding block?

Yes two wires are missing. The wire with this blue clip runs back to the battery.

So looks like it's been done. Check that all the wires are good in both and also check the spade connector for the ground wire near the battery. I've had that one give me issues like you described (codes and poor running).

It seems to get very wet in this area, does it matter if the ground block gets wet?

No unless the connections are flaky, hence you should check them out and then tape it all up.

Back