• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High elevation proven Mcxpress stage 3

How much weight do you have to run in primary with that kind of HP at elevation or are you offsetting with a much stiffer spring ?
My setup now is Primary: SSI Mag weights loaded to 87 g , S-O-S spring . Secondary: Dalton White spring , twist at 9-1 , 39 Deg Dalton Helix , Pulls 8700-8800 on a decent climb , Soft to deep snow , 8900-9100 same pitch climb on packed snow .

How much weight do you have to run in primary with that kind of HP at elevation or are you offsetting with a much stiffer spring ?
My setup now is Primary: SSI Mag weights loaded to 87 g , S-O-S spring . Secondary: Dalton White spring , twist at 9-1 , 39 Deg Dalton Helix , Pulls 8700-8800 on a decent climb , Soft to deep snow , 8900-9100 same pitch climb on packed snow .
I'm running heavy hitter weights. I can't remember for sure what weight I'm running. I think around 78g. I'm also running thunder products orange spring in both primary and secondary. That being said i also put a belt drive on with a 1.84 gear ratio and a 175 track with 3.5 pitch. On a long pull i will run 8800-8900 at 10k -12k. When I make a long pull around 10k - 7k ft I will bounce off the rev limiter if the front end comes up at all. O and stock helix. I tried a strait 42 degree, felt a lot snapper, but felt like it lost a little up top.

I'm running heavy hitter weights. I can't remember for sure what weight I'm running. I think around 78g. I'm also running thunder products orange spring in both primary and secondary. That being said i also put a belt drive on with a 1.84 gear ratio and a 175 track with 3.5 pitch. On a long pull i will run 8800-8900 at 10k -12k. When I make a long pull around 10k - 7k ft I will bounce off the rev limiter if the front end comes up at all. O and stock helix. I tried a strait 42 degree, felt a lot snapper, but felt like it lost a little up top.
Nice

What belt drive do you use? Whos making it?

What belt drive do you use? Whos making it?
Tarzan I'm running the c3 belt drive. I had to trim the baffle and tank also had to take out the bottom screen to make it fit. But I believe I was the first one to put it on the sidewinder 2 years ago. They might have made changes to it.

Tarzan I'm running the c3 belt drive. I had to trim the baffle and tank also had to take out the bottom screen to make it fit. But I believe I was the first one to put it on the sidewinder 2 years ago. They might have made changes to it.
Nice,wonder if it would hold and not break with 400hp and with studs on my dragrace winder.?

The throttle response is actually a little better then stock. And running straight 110 race fuel. Its definitely a handful of fun.
Hey Jake, I just installed the stage 3 on my sled and having some issues with it. Was wondering if you had some input or suggestions on what I could try

Back