• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High oil pressure

Froggy

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Winder LTX SE 14600 km and counting
2016 Viper LTX LE 23986 km sold
2015 Viper LTX DX Wife's 19500 km
2010 Vector LTX GT 25000 km sold
I tried searching for oil pressure problems but was unsuccessful so here goes, 2016 Viper ltx shows code PO 0523 for oil pressure sensor circuit high, tried a new filter and checked oil level was in middle of range and looks to be no antifreeze missing from overflow bottle. Any ideas besides buying new sensor which is an expensive gamble, TIA
Froggy

i pull the sensor 1st and clean where they plug in and make sure the oil side has no chunks in the tip of the sensor.

I tried searching for oil pressure problems but was unsuccessful so here goes, 2016 Viper ltx shows code PO 0523 for oil pressure sensor circuit high, tried a new filter and checked oil level was in middle of range and looks to be no antifreeze missing from overflow bottle. Any ideas besides buying new sensor which is an expensive gamble, TIA
Froggy
That does not mean the actual oil pressure is high, it reads "sensor circuit is high". Meaning there's an abnormally high voltage reading detected within the electrical circuit caused by a malfunctioning electrical component. Might be a failing oil pressure sensor.

Well I swapped out the oil pressure sensor from my wife's Viper and the code was on her sled and mine was code free, sensor is on order $321 cdn.

like we keep telling you, canadian pricing on parts can get nuts. odds are it is the same as some car for like 1/4 that price if you know what it is.

Holy crap, I can order it for $225 cdn. That's a pretty good markup...

Did it go in to limp mode? Or just run normal

Did it go in to limp mode? Or just run normal
It ran normal only throwing code at medium to higher speeds and progressively got worse with code on all the time but still ran ok. There's also a pressure switch in there that will probably shut you down if it reads too low I imagine.

Back