• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Higher engagement or lower for holeshot ?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro MPI Stage 1
Running Apex mcx 200 kit . Will a lower engagement give you better hole shot ? Is it better to come out of the hole softer and build boost slowly so you don't blow out the track ? Have dalton B/S ,B/O and a bunch 0f Yamaha springs WWW, YWY,BPB,BWB,GSG,YSY to pick from.

I had a 12 Apex with the MCX 200 kit. I 60 footed the best on hard pac around or just under 3,000 rpm. It was a 129 with 192 studs that were ground on the leading edge to create a flat face. Transfer was set just so the skis were just off the anow.snow. also had MSD launch master on it.

Hey thanks, do you remember what primary spring and you stm set up ? I'm running a YSY glide washers @83 @ 2 Tung 4 mid 3 tip white secondary. . Surprising how much weight these can pull. Mt 290 Cat was 79G strange. Going to try the dalton B/S 41/125

I sold that sled two years ago so sorry I Don't remember what springs I had in it or exact weight and placement.

Back