• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

highest milage

4strokes

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 winder xtx 09 nytro xtx 06 apex gt
so I'm approaching 23000 miles and plan to check valve lash. I thought I had read something about a few tensioner failures on this and later models. Not talking about the older carb engines. A few replied saying no. anyways, curious of high milages known for the 1049.

I have only half the miles you do at 10,XXX but have also wondered about replacing the timing chain tensioner. Not sure its been much of an issue though?

When I had my 09 chaincase apart I noticed the tensioner arm seemed loose on the post it swivels on. Not sure how much it matters since it wouldnt move much once adjusted properly anyway. Had about 12000 miles on it then and put about another 1000 miles since. Looks like a big job to change that out so I am going to run it. There are lots of bushings I replaced since they seemed wore and they usually are not much tighter.

Back