• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Highest Speeds on Sidewinder/Thundercat

I am nowhere near the speeds that some of you guys are getting but I was very pleased to see 119mph on the speedo when I let off racing my brother-in-law this past Saturday. I wasn't trying to see what I could get for top speed but that is the fastest I have ever seen on my sled and fastest that I have ever been on a snowmobile. The sled is a 2017 LTX SE with TD PowerTrail tune, TD 3" Super Quiet exhaust, TD CAI, and all Thunder Products Clutching w/ XS825 belt. I also have a Vector primary clutch that Thunder Products cut for overdrive before this season. This setup runs right at 8900rpms. I am very happy with it and I don't really want/need to go faster.

Wow, I can’t wait! Just trying not to hammer on mine too much as she’s brand new, ‘22 Winder LTX GT, TD Multimap, 2.5” Turbo Force muffler, Dalton weights, BOV, 3-bar map, still trying to figure out how to install my CAI as I believe I bought one to fit under hood from TD but there’s no way it fits and I’m not cutting out to stick up through so will be calling Mike today. Still figuring out the whole clutching thing as I’m sort of a newb… was hitting around 105mph with WOT at exactly 9000rpm in 7” powder on the lake Sunday, but yesterday I just played on the trails a bit and didn’t really check speed as it definitely gets there fast and the straightaways don’t last long. Lol. I noticed that I hit 9450rpm at some point, so adding some weight to the daltons today and hopefully can get CAI installed so I can switch from 250 Ecotrail tune and give the power trail and MS17 tunes a try! I’m not so good at using the forum yet, so hopefully can learn this too as it would greatly help to have more input to assist with tuning and what to watch for so I don’t destroy my machine.

Wow, I can’t wait! Just trying not to hammer on mine too much as she’s brand new, ‘22 Winder LTX GT, TD Multimap, 2.5” Turbo Force muffler, Dalton weights, BOV, 3-bar map, still trying to figure out how to install my CAI as I believe I bought one to fit under hood from TD but there’s no way it fits and I’m not cutting out to stick up through so will be calling Mike today. Still figuring out the whole clutching thing as I’m sort of a newb… was hitting around 105mph with WOT at exactly 9000rpm in 7” powder on the lake Sunday, but yesterday I just played on the trails a bit and didn’t really check speed as it definitely gets there fast and the straightaways don’t last long. Lol. I noticed that I hit 9450rpm at some point, so adding some weight to the daltons today and hopefully can get CAI installed so I can switch from 250 Ecotrail tune and give the power trail and MS17 tunes a try! I’m not so good at using the forum yet, so hopefully can learn this too as it would greatly help to have more input to assist with tuning and what to watch for so I don’t destroy my machine.

Don't go by the recall on the gauge. That is a worthless feature, it will hit a hi RPM on a spike and the spike means nothing. Even looking at the tach is just a moment in time, but much better than using the recall. Logging will tell you the story, but using the tach if you don't have logging to see the whole story, is the next best way to clutch.

In regards to top speed recall, does it still work with jukebox. If so, how ? I've never used this feature.

Pretty proud of this. Lots of time and hard work. More tricks up my sleeve this year going for 143mph in 1320. Pump gas/stock turbo/trail track/Yamaha clutches.

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_150403.jpg
    IMG_20230224_150403.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230224_154957_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_154957_Gallery.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230224_152405.jpg
    20230224_152405.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230224_150353.jpg
    20230224_150353.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 57
Are you happy with your 60' ET? Or, is this effort only focused on max MPH at 1330'?
I'm spinning in somewhat bad conditions. But, what's perfect when cruising the lakes . I seemed to have a better 60' stock. So, more focused on the 60'. I have nothing to verify this, other than seat of the pants. Would like to top out in 125mph to 130mph range. Need help. Lol.
Sorry, wasn't sure who you were referring to.

New year, new goal.......always raising the bar.....I love it!! Best of luck DMC!

My goal has never changed:
Trail sled, stock motor, stock turbo, stock clutches, groomed trail, on snow....150 GPS!!

What started as a goal has become an obsession. Everyone in my circle tells me it can't be done. More often than not, I agree, but a very small part of me thinks it can. This thought has caused many a sleepless night!! Lol

Back