• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Highlights of my sledding group in Old Forge Feb/March 2020

Several people have asked how I got all the camera angles, and how is the video so steady.... The video is taken with a Akaso V50X mounted to the sled with an 11" 'magic arm' mount. I mounted the camera to my helmet, upper a-arm, rear bumper, and front bumper (facing me and facing forward) and it never moved at all. The equipment was less than $130 total from Amazon, and you'd think it was the latest and greatest GoPro and fancy rigging or something. I couldn't be happier with the Akaso V50X and the magic arm. Electronic Image Stabilization on the camera is really slick.

The video highlights our 2020 snowmobiling around Old Forge, Inlet, Fourth Lake, Thendara, Moose River Plains, Stillwater Reservoir, Beaver River aka Norrigewock etc. Including the finale of the Inlet Fire and Ice fireworks on February 29, 2020. I'm riding a 2017 Yamaha SRViper XTX SE and the rest of my group rides various models of Doo's

Last edited:

Back