• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle exhaust,pcv,auto tune with fuel and trim photos

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX, Hurricane Exhaust, K&N, Pcv, Autotune, Pod300, Star Suspension,
2018 Sidewinder, TD Max Spool 17, CAI, TD 3 Inch Stock Muffler Mod, 3Bar, BOV
Bought a 2011 nytro xtx (1,75 backcountry track)the other week and the more I dig the more I find. Sled has a full hindle exhaust and a pcv. Never had any air box mod done. Sled was doing a lot of popping but ran strong. I did the airbox mod and 90% of the popping went away. Today I found an auto tune. My question is should I have the pcv and auto tune sent to Hurricane to see what map is on this. (I have no software or cord with it). Or just run it. Sled runs real strong...had an 09 apex by 5 lengths from 20/105 mph before the airbox mod.

You should be able to download the software from dyno jets website, as for cable all you need is a Sony usb cable.
Once software id downloaded to a laptop you can retreive the map from your sled and look at it, run auto tune, etc...
Is there a POD300 on the sled? I highly recommend getting one if not, you can keep an eye on your AFR and other critical data.

Downloaded the software and found a cord to fit... took a couple pic of screen of the laptop. Just starting to understand what everything does. Have not made any changes or saved any trims. Auto tune is active as the green light does come on. Changed all 3 plugs all 3 look a nice light chocolate color. Any thought's?

Attachments

• pic 2.JPG
    pic 2.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 220
  • pic 1.JPG
    pic 1.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Not sure. First time Hooking it up. One is the auto tune and the other is fuel(that’s what it says above each map). I don’t know if there is even a base map. If I go into the afr it is set 13.2. Assuming the auto tune goes from there. Person I bought the sled from had no idea any of this was on it. So there has been no corrections since 2016 when he bought it. The last day I was out I cut the holes in the airbox lid and that go rid of 90% of the popping (it was +5c out).

ok makes sense.

Auto tune is taking away fuel.
You have to accept trims for autotune if you want it to overright the fuel map. Or you can just leave as is and let autotune run and adjust for you.

If you do accept trims and send map to your sled, I suggest saving the fuel map on your laptop first as a file so you can go back if you like.

Is there advantage to accept the trims over just leaving it and letting auto tune do its thing.

If you accept the trims and send the map to your sled it will run that map all the time, it won't correct for any changes, fine if your afr is spot on. Thats why I asked if you had the POD300 so you could keep an eye on your AFR while riding.

Letting autotune run you will always run at the set AFR.

No I don’t have a pod 300. I would rather just let auto tune do it’s thing. If I am gonna let auto tune make corrections all the time and not accept the trims should I raise the default enrichment/lean from 20% or just leave it.

I think 20% is max.

Usually when using autotune you leave it at +-20% and as autotune makes the perfect map you would decrease it to +-10% +-5% until it fine tunes. that would be for saving the trims and making the perfect map.

Back