• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hole in valve cover -

kschitoskey

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
07 Phazer
94 Polaris 440
Noticed smoking coming from under the fuel tank during a ride this weekend. I started taking off parts and found the culprit - the metal coolant line coming from the heat exchanger (crosses the back of the motor right over the exhaust manifold) was rubbing the right rear corner of the valve cover. It wore a hole approx. 2mm across. I found one on ebay for a good price; new valve cover gasket / plugs / oil change coming. Next time you have your phazer apart, take a close look at this area for interference.

I'm guessing this is the location you are talking about? I noticed that it was rubbing on my sled a while back and tried to adjust the pipe so that there would be a little more clearance, but probably should have added some sort of extra padding as well.

IMG_7240h.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I'm kind of a visual guy so I'm now way more likely to remember to check next time my sled is apart. Thanks again.

I noticed the same thing (about 3/4" clearance) on my 2008 while working on it recently, but didn't see any difference in part numbers between the years. I'm guessing it just comes down to how far someone pushed the steel tube into the rubber hoses before tightening the hose clamps when they assembled it.

Back