• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hood removal pics and instructions

Alpha

Expert
Before I took my hood off from what I read it sounded like a pain. It was actually very simple. Also read that someone wished the harness was a inch longer but mine was very easy to get to. Who knows maybe I have some extra wire on mine lol or it might be the way I dissembled it.

Step 1. remove both side panels

Step 2.
Once the side covers are off their are two torx screw on each side right in this area that need to come out right in this area

Step 3.

Under the front bumper on the black plastic on the lowest part of nose you will see two more torx screws take them out. You will see a little blue on the tread that is lock tight. You will want to dab a bit on then when you reinstall.

Step 4.
Now that all the screws are off wiggle it forward a bit. Their is this black mesh insert just below the instrument cluster wiggle it and pull towards the rear and it will slide off.

Step 5.

Once the mesh is off you will see the harness clip towards the front and with that insert off their is plenty of room to stick your hand in and unplug it and the hood is ready to come off. Move it forwards and up for removal.

NIce the potos help the guide in the manual is so small I have to use a magnifying glass. I am old you know - bad eyes

hood removal

On your step three you say to remove two screws at lowest part of the nose on the black plastic, but I don't see those screws, can you give a pic of where these screws are and maybe and arrow showing the location would be really helpful? Have tried to find them but no luck, got the rear of the cover lose and can lift the cover up a couple inches and was able to unplug the harness but can't finish the removal without finding the front nose screws...HELP

They are way down on the bottom of the front of the hood below the front bumper. They go in from the bottom and point straight up.

screw locations are as follows. 1 per side
2 near steering post(sides need to removed to get to)

2 by a posts near reflector. (because of fitment they don't all looked to connect to the hood.)

2 bottom of nose cone. these go directly in from the bottom/up

subaru2006

wish I read this a week ago when I took it off. Could not figure out how to reinstall, took way to long and I think I had about 20 screws out by the time I was done!! lol

Pic showing locations
DSC00671.JPG
DSC00669.JPG
DSC00670.JPG
DSC00668.JPG

Back