• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hornepayne - Wawa - Foyelet riding April 3-7 - 2018

LouTurbo

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Pilot Skiis
STOLEN Nov.14, 2022
In speaking with Halfway Haven the grooming is over for the season Wawa to Foleyet, anyone ride the trails this past weekend that can comment on the conditions, if they were not choppy in the corners we are heading up Wednesday for the weekend

In speaking with Halfway Haven the grooming is over for the season Wawa to Foleyet. Did anyone here ride the trails this past weekend that can comment on the conditions, if they were not choppy in the corners we are heading up Wednesday for the weekend

Not this past weekend but a buddy of mine was up through that area a week and a half a go, he said trails still very good.

Makes to sense why they will stop grooming when there’s so much snow and cold temps.
We were through halfway a few weeks back and trail base was awesome, ran into the groomer guy while riding towards white river and he said he will keeping grooming as long as possible, still weeks of riding left in the dubreuilville and surrounding areas.

We are also heading back up this Thursday but hearing most of the grooming is over for Ontario we are thinking of riding into Quebec from liskeard/Kirkland area.

Hey Fabio - Are they grooming the Quebec side ? The trail conditions have not been updated yet for FCMQ.
That was our first plan, then saw all green Wawa - Hearst but no grooming will get choppy if traffic builds by Friday. We are driving Wednesday and riding Thursday - Saturday 1/2 day
I like the 6 hour drive to New Liskeard way better than 10 hours to Wawa.

Hi Lou, a friend of mine who rides with us lives up in north bay he is going to go for a ride tomorrow out of new liskeard and see how things are on the Quebec side.

I seen that some areas are not updated but we are going into Quebec by liskeard and heading northeast towards val-dor which as of the 28 or 29 trails where all 4 stars and of course north and north east from there will be better.

Just with that little snow they got over the weekend trails went back to yellow in the liskeard area, and there’s another major storm on its way 20-30cm, for us we are starting to ride Friday so it gives a few days after the storm so hopefully they should groom.

We were also thinking of Ontario but like you the shorter the drive the better since we only have 4 days of riding plus we have already done a few week trips in northern Ontario this year, than the thing about stopping grooming made us decide Quebec.

In speaking with Halfway Haven the grooming is over for the season Wawa to Foleyet, anyone ride the trails this past weekend that can comment on the conditions, if they were not choppy in the corners we are heading up Wednesday for the weekend
I just got back from doing Cochrane to Dubreuilville and back. The west side was absolutely fantastic, actually most were but we did not go as far as Wawa.

Thanks guys.
I spoke to Halfway Haven between Wawa and Chapleau and they received one foot yesterday. they are now grooming Wawa to Foyelet and will be done tomorrow night, and they said the snow is heavy and the trails are well groomed.
How twisty is it Timmins to Wawa, this would be my first time. Is that too much for one day, I understand its not fast like Cocrane to Hornepayne

Thanks guys.
I spoke to Halfway Haven between Wawa and Chapleau and they received one foot yesterday. they are now grooming Wawa to Foyelet and will be done tomorrow night, and they said the snow is heavy and the trails are well groomed.
How twisty is it Timmins to Wawa, this would be my first time. Is that too much for one day, I understand its not fast like Cocrane to Hornepayne
I have a friend that did it last month, it is a long run but doable. Myself and a friend did Timmins to Chapleau and then on to Dubreuilville the following day, just depend how much energy and/or time you have. It is a bit twisty going into Chapleau but past there it is quite fast.

Not this past weekend but a buddy of mine was up through that area a week and a half a go, he said trails still very good.

Makes to sense why they will stop grooming when there’s so much snow and cold temps.
We were through halfway a few weeks back and trail base was awesome, ran into the groomer guy while riding towards white river and he said he will keeping grooming as long as possible, still weeks of riding left in the dubreuilville and surrounding areas.

We are also heading back up this Thursday but hearing most of the grooming is over for Ontario we are thinking of riding into Quebec from liskeard/Kirkland area.

Kirkland Lake trails were awesome with only a few thin /dirt/gravel spots last weekend. They were flat and only a few trails were icy because they had been groomed the night before. With the snow we had this week, the trails will be awesome for a last run this weekend.

Thanks guys.
I did Wawa to Timmins last Month, 536 km Left Wawa at 8 a.m. and arrived at Timmins at 7 p.m. Last stretch is a little more twisty but not too bad.

Back