• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hot start Issue found??

that's what mine does, sometimes cranks longer tho, did he hit the throttle to get it fired? if I do that, it will start but throws that code almost instantly. and mine a so-called 2015 model.

Yes it was one of the MBRP can video's.
I noticed the hot start issues when I was revieweing the video's earlier this year.

My sled does the same thing once in a while. Hard to pin point it.
Just does it out of the clear blue. Like it gets a bug in it's butt.

Sure hope Yamaha comes up with a fix.

Oh, and I have the MBRP can. Sounds and works great on the sled.

dumb question, I know Stingray is using an actual gauge, but how are you other guys spouting off actual temperature numbers? All I've got on mine in C on one end and H on the other!

dumb question, I know Stingray is using an actual gauge, but how are you other guys spouting off actual temperature numbers? All I've got on mine in C on one end and H on the other!

Hold down lower left button on gauges and you can get numbers to appear, Matt from MPI told me after I installed an aftermarket gauge....lol.

Other options are also available, instructions are in your owners manual!

Last edited:
Bill, I thought you knew this feature..... Sorry, I should have showed you.

Bill, I thought you knew this feature..... Sorry, I should have showed you.

I didn't know either so it was a good exercise for me to do the lookup and share with Bill and others.

T
I guess I am too old school to read the manual....lol.

The on line manual helps, I can open it on my phone, iPad, laptop, or desktop.
No need to carry paper around, also keeps the manual looking clean.

I know I'm older than you, but grew up with manuals (in or working with the military for 35+ years). Manuals are "Old School", you are actually new school! Actually making your own manual with your Modifications and sharing your findings!

I have not experienced this issue with the hot start yet, but I am sure that my air blows out away from the intake simply because when i stop to take a leak i put my gloves on the intake and they get super dried and warm lol.
My question tho lies with the ZR 7000 cat. that is the only cat that is using the same set up with different mapping in the ECU. Does the cat see the same issues? if not whats the difference between setups? It was brought up before with the ZR 5000 and also the 9000 series but they dont use the same engines, and the 9000 is turbo so i wouldnt expect the same issue there at all. I ride mostly in ontario flat trails and fields and like i say have not seen the issue yet. Is there any more information out there yet from yamaha as for a fix, and what does cat see on the 7000?

Back