• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Houghton Hancock or Gwinn Marquette

loligager

Veteran
Sorry for the redundant post!! We are trying to decide where to go this weekend. Houghton where we have been plenty of times or something new like Gwinn or Marquette. Traveling from the Appleton. We just want to go where the best snow is. Planning on riding Friday , Saturday, and Sunday. Sounds like the snow between Gwinn and Marquette is decent based on some earlier posts. Anyone else that can chime in with a recommend for either Houghton area or Gwinn/Marquette area I’d appreciate the info!

there is a few TY guys riding that area right now. rockmeister, nick1942, and a few others i think.
they invited me along...but my son-of-a-beachin' trailer i ordered is still not in yet!!! a week past due so far!

ha! i just found a post of his from today!!!

here:from nick1942
I'm up in Gwinn right now, and there is still plenty of snow and they are grooming every day. But the warm temps and all the sunshine, is starting to take its toll.

Thanks for the follow up guys. We are leaving Friday morning early so hopefully the trails will hold up. It's been t-shirt weather in Appleton the last couple of days so hopefully the trails will hold up for a decent weekend of riding. We've never been to Gwinn but want to give it a whirl. Any advice on places to stay. Never being there I want to make sure we have access to the trail from wherever we are staying.

I hate this time of the year. Every ride may be the last with this warm weather...

The Rock and I are here in Gwinn staying at the Red Fox Inn, nice place, good room rates, right on the trail, gas station 6 miles from our parking lot.
We hooked up with some of Rock's buddies from Indiana all riding Apex's ;)! , and we went to Ishpeming, Marquette, and then to Big Bay, and back to Gwinn.197 miles yesterday. You could not ask for nicer weather, but hard on the snow. The sun and warm temps, are making it a little tougher getting into towns to get gas, spring conditions, no getting around it. Once back out on the trails, its still good, we had a ball yesterday. We are going riding today also, and then I heading home Saturday morning, and the Rock is going to Munising for the weekend, to ride with a couple of TY guys.

I'll see everyone next week in Munising.

Nick :-o ;)! :yam:

Back