• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How can I raise MPG?

There is no difference in the gas, it is just the resistance to which it will ignite. Ever heard of someone saying there engine was knocking and they used mid grade or super and it ran fine? That means that 87 was igniting before piston got to top dead center piston was trying to compress the explosion, mid or super takes longer to ignite allows piston to get to top dead center before ignition. So no it will do absolutley nothing don't let anyone tell you different!

Outside whats already mentioned, I know heavy ski pressure and or dualies on the skis play a big roll in milage from extra drag.
I also noticed many clutch kits raise RPM at normal trail operating speeds which also adds thirst.

Dan

I'm going to got through the sled this weekend. I lengthened the front strap and tightened the transfer rod on the trail to remove the ski pressure. I will check that everything with the clutches and belts are good, back off the chain tension. check the skid for wear. Next trip is our family New Years run. should be a lot easier to take it easy and check the results.

drive down hill, draft the guy in front of you, tuck behind the windshield, go with the wind, drive on ice all you can...

or just drive it and dont worry about it.

found this one gallon 9.5" x 13.25" x 3"

Attachments

• RX-1G-PM-D.jpg
    RX-1G-PM-D.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 72
lawmanbsi said:
I'm going to got through the sled this weekend. I lengthened the front strap and tightened the transfer rod on the trail to remove the ski pressure. I will check that everything with the clutches and belts are good, back off the chain tension. check the skid for wear. Next trip is our family New Years run. should be a lot easier to take it easy and check the results.

Don't loosen the chain you will be haulin on UP trails & don't want that chain slapping around..........bad things can happen if you do that not worth slight increae in mpg.

whitedust1 said:
lawmanbsi said:

Don't loosen the chain you will be haulin on UP trails & don't want that chain slapping around..........bad things can happen if you do that not worth slight increae in mpg.
x2, if chain were too tight, you would get 0 mpg as the case would be seized or blown

Back