• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how do I do this to mine?

How do I make my back end look like this...mine is alot lower?

t_p1010007_104.jpg

Just so no confusion this is Monster Max's sled....hope you dont mind me using the pic...thx

he has a hartman tunnel extension and mountain Perfomance drop down bracket.

If you put the rear bolt, the one that bolt in the drop down bracket in the lower hole, you will have the same height to the running board. The stock extension is lower. But the rest of the sled will be at the same height.

You will loose some weight transfert doing this, and the sled isnt as responsive. This position raise the pressure on the ski.

But you can do this in 15 min, except for the extension.

It also looks like MPI drop brackets. There has been a couple of them for sale in the classified section on the forum.

I really like those brackets sledskiing. Small! I don't care at all for the huge, bulky MPI's! Ugly. The Hartman tunnel is the only way to go. You could always make your own out of aluminum and drop about 5-6lbs to stiffler!

Aaron

Attachments

• br165547.jpg
    br165547.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 140
Sorry Tundra - didn't see your reply before posting mine.

If I have understood Stiffler right he uses his sled a lot on trails and lakes.

In my opininon using the lower holes on the brackets "kills" your handling on trails. It made mine very feel "nose- and top heavy".

After two trips on trails I went back to upper holes in the brackets.

If your are going with drop brackets from timbersled - like the the ones sledskiing is using - you need to put in some spacers (aprox. 2x5mm) to make the shaft on your skid frame fit. Those brackets are made for apex and vector mountain skid frames.

If you go with a OEM seat from'O6 and out - try to get a apex mountain, vector mountain or Nytro seat. They have a stiffer foam. I put on a seat just like sledskiing - best upgrade I have done to my sled!

Here's what your sled would look like with the stock drop brackets in the bottom hole with the stock extention and with an aftermarket extension (mine is the MPI 162"). Both the Hartman and MPI tunnels have similar designs with the exception being; MPI has a nice fit for the edge of the tunnel (rolled like the stock running board vs. squared) and Hartman has the nicer rear bumper.

Jim

Attachments

• RX-1 Stock.JPG
    RX-1 Stock.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 88
  • RX-1LowRedChromeSide.jpg
    RX-1LowRedChromeSide.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 96

Back