• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you properly seed the main jet holder?

RobX-1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 50th Apex XT-X, 08 40th Apex LTX GT, 08 40th Nytro RTX, & 03 RX-1
How tight should the shaft that the main jet screws into need to be? I know your typical jets will properly seed when you slowly tighten and can't turn them anymore but with this main jet shaft and the rubber o-ring, exactly when do you stop tightening it for it to be properly seeded? Here are a couple pics of what I am referring to; one of the actual main jet shaft and the other I found on another post that shows the shaft installed in the carb. I wasn't sure if I should use a wrench to tighten the shaft or tighten by hand. With that o-ring on there, I'm just not sure when to stop tightening. Last year, with the main jet screwed into the shaft, I just used a screw driver to tighten the shaft and snugged it up but this year I thought I should verify if this is the correct way to properly seed the shaft.

Attachments

• CarbJets.jpeg
    CarbJets.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 84
  • MainJetShaft1.jpg
    MainJetShaft1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 82

I've done web searches as well as look in the service manual for the RX-1 but have come up empty. :o| Anyone else clean their carbs and remove the holder and know how tight to screw it back in?

Here is what I got from the service manual....

Clogged or loose main jet _ Remove the main jet, clean it with
compressed air, and then install it.
Make sure that the main jet is fully tightened.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

SnoWarrior, I saw that in the service manual too. With your typical jets, you do want to fully tighten them as that is when they are fully seeded. The thing with this main jet holder is that it has that rubber o-ring above the threads. Because of it, I am not sure if you tighten it the same as you would with the main, pilot, or starter jet (ie. fully tighten to seed) or just hand tighten it. My main concern is that I don't want to damage the o-ring by over tightening but then I want to be sure it's fully seeded. Of course, maybe the holder is not like your typical jet where it has to be seeded but it does have the small holes on the shaft that would lead you to believe it does need to be seeded.

Back