• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How fat are you???

I'm 6'1" and weigh about 255, so probably about 270 suited up. My suspension held up pretty good until about 3,500 miles, when the Pivot arm broke, also lost a couple of idler wheels at about the same time. Also noticed cracks in the rails at this time. Adjuster cable, boot and bushings had to be repaced at 1,500 miles. First Hyfax lasted to 2,000 miles. Still on second set, but they are getting thin. My sled has been at dealer since late March, waiting for updated parts. In 20 years on Polaris sleds, I never had a suspension issue, except a occassional idler wheel.

275 with gear and I have pounded the crap out of my 03 RX-1 and only broke a rear bogie wheel and a track tensioner bolt off from a jump. Never had any problems other than that and that was only cause I came down wrong. NOW 4Fighter is just an unlucky soul and he soaks his socks in Kerosene :drink:

RX1Maine said:
DaveyBoy,
The trails up here in Maine are NEVER rough

Oh beleive me they were rough REAL ROUGH and no snow to speak of last febuary school vacation week and that didnt hep either I love the county but that was just terrible and was as bad down throught the trail that goes out to the alagash They were beat believe me i dont complain about trails much i have groomed them before and done trail work so know what it takes to keep them up And the lady at i think its deans was irrate with all the complaints she was getting that wek and couldnt believe they havent groomed in 3 weeks

I MADE A MISTAKE IT WASNT PORTAGE BUT UP IN EAGLE LAKE WER IT WAS ROUGH AND NO GROOMING SORRY

Conclusion; big boys break suspensions!

Sodes 05’ Rx-1 220 with gear 1500 Ok , Boot in warrenty
DaveyBoy 03’-Rx-1 240 no gear Not listed OK
BigGMC 05’-Rx-1 250 no gear 2500 Ok, Boot in Warranty
4Fighter 05’rx-1 250 Not listed W-arm broke 2X, changed skid to expert-x
RX-Dave 05’Rx-1 260 with gear 2000 about 6 sets of hyfax, RA cable, 2 boots, rail tips, and 4 idler wheels and a partridge in a pear tree
ReX 05’ Rx-1 Probably 240+ ready to ride 3200 3200 miles hairline crack, pivot arm broke right through in two places, a bent rear pivot arm and shot rear pivot arm bushings
QCRider 05’Rx-1 I'm 270 BEFORE I dress 1200 Ok
RX1Maine 05’ Rx-1 N/A N/A Claims smooth in Maine, must be with dept of tourism
700SCOTT 05’ Rx-1 not more than 195 dressed 2500 had a broken pivot arm and wasted bushings
BIG BLACK WARRIOR Not listed , but assume Warrior Probably about 270 suited up 3500 My suspension held up pretty good until about 3,500 miles, when the Pivot arm broke, also lost a couple of idler wheels at about the same time, First Hyfax lasted to 2,000 miles
Blue Me 03 RX-1 275 with gear N/A broke a rear bogie wheel and a track tensioner bolt off from a jump

Attachments

• TY Member.pdf
    112.1 KB · Views: 135
only 850 miles on my 05......240 suited up. My skid is on the work bench now. I have 2 very small paint chips on welds on w arm. The boot and cable jacket are shot. I replaced the slides just because.

Most of these miles where on pretty good trails, when it did get rough and start to bottom hard I slowed down. Last year I just rode the thing, this year we start tuning.

I will be moving the shock spring adjuster to the middle for the start of the season and will order the stiffer shock if that does not work.

Sodes what is the download, the link didn't work for me?

For those of you with front pivot arm failures, where have they been breaking?

Mine have always broken at the upside down "u-bracket" that mates to the slide rails. The cracks start where the u-bracket is welded to the tube and eventually the outer half of the u-bracket falls off.

200 lbs without gear, 1,600 miles, RA boot and cable shot, 2 sets of hyfax (which love to melt/stick to the rails), smiley face cracks in the rails by the middle idler wheel mounts, lots of frozen idlers, no real cushion in the shock, sleds been at the dealer for 3 weeks.

6'1"....200LBS.......& I RIDE DOUBLE

...........CO PILOT...5'7".....125LBS

Pulled my skid out in 05...........Sandblasted it, Dye Penned it & X Rayed it

....No Problems.............Then Powered Coated it ;)!

Attachments

• l10.jpg
    l10.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 112
BOUNTYHUNTER said:

Bountyhunter, Do you have any pictures of the skid back in your ride? That looks pretty cool!!

195 without gear. No issues yet on an '03 RX1, although the person I bought it from did say that it was setup for two people.

woohoo!!!!

theres someone here bigger than me!!!

6'5 325!

I ride them like I stole them, Ekholm skid has never let me down. Nothing broke, but W arm on stock SRX went south.

trgcobra said:
BOUNTYHUNTER said:

Bountyhunter, Do you have any pictures of the skid back in your ride? That looks pretty cool!!

195 without gear. No issues yet on an '03 RX1, although the person I bought it from did say that it was setup for two people.

Attachments

• DSC01593.JPG
    DSC01593.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01594.JPG
    DSC01594.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 98

Back