• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How long a riser can I get without changing cables on RX1M

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
Wondering if anyone knows how long of a handle bar riser can I get without changing cables on a 04 RX1 Mountain?

I put a 2 inch on my womans 03 rx1 mountain. Bolts on but does not like turning. I just got the new cable yesterday so I will put it on this weekend. So I will say you need new cables at any change because the mountain has 6 inch bars from yamaha. That is unless you change the bars. Hope this helps.

P.s. I Am going to use a 05 cable for 2 inch risor. I will let you know after this weekend.

05 cables will allow you to put at least 2inch riser on. Might be able to get 4 inch on but might be tight. So to answer you question 1inch without changing cables but 2 inch they need to be changed. Hope this helps.

I am 6' 1" tall so I need to raise the handle bars at least 6 inches. I have a 04 mountain sled I thought they came with longer cables but I guess not long enough for what I need.

I put 05 cables that I got from MPI and I have a 6" riser on. You have to take the clips off that hold the brake line and e-brake cable. I also made all off my wires 12" longer

I was told and it has been said here that the '05 rx-1 mountain cables are longer than the earlier years cables but I just finished asking the local dealer and he doesn't think they are longer at all but rather the same length. The powermadd throttle cable extension is another thought but it is too long for anything under 8 inches and it's a piece of crap. I had one on my '03 and it only lasted me about a year before it slowly frayed out and bust.

I have an 04 Mountain. I put 05 throttle cable with 2 inch riser block years ago with lots of slack. I switched to Apex Mountain bars with 8" Lake Effect riser (3 inch pivot with 5 inch riser = 8 inches rise) without a problem.

Just order the 05 mountain throttle cable.

Back