• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how long to change the track

up.mi.man

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx se
I was thinking on puting a ice ripper xt on instead of studding i was told 10 yours is this a fact???? i have the 137''

I think that is a bit much the skid is in and out easier than the old mono skids about 1/2 hour in and out the gear box is about the same a any. with the right tools and a lift I can see under 3 to 4 hrs. I have not peeked under the skin for turbo location but on my vipers it is not in the way just the can must go.

Think my dealer told me 4 hours when they did mine.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I think that is a bit much the skid is in and out easier than the old mono skids about 1/2 hour in and out the gear box is about the same a any. with the right tools and a lift I can see under 3 to 4 hrs. I have not peeked under the skin for turbo location but on my vipers it is not in the way just the can must go.
Seems like a long time to me also. Thanks for your reply.

im hoping i get some first hand reports thanks for your reply.
I have to call him Monday will find out from the mechanic how long it actually took him. Was part of my deal so I don't see it on my invoice.

I have to call him Monday will find out from the mechanic how long it actually took him. Was part of my deal so I don't see it on my invoice.

If you would find out i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Ran into him at the bar last night about 4 hours

Swapping my track next week. I searched for a "how to" but came up with nothing. I've swapped tracks on many other sleds, is there anything I need to know doing the swap on the sidewinder? Any tips or advice? Thanks.

Swapping my track next week. I searched for a "how to" but came up with nothing. I've swapped tracks on many other sleds, is there anything I need to know doing the swap on the sidewinder? Any tips or advice? Thanks.

If first time..get a service manual. If you can't find a sidewinder one...one from an 1100 turbo will work fine. 90% + of it will be the same..and I'm pretty sure country cat had them available to download on their site

If first time..get a service manual. If you can't find a sidewinder one...one from an 1100 turbo will work fine. 90% + of it will be the same..and I'm pretty sure country cat had them available to download on their site
OK will see if I can get one, liked your Facebook page also, will be in touch...thanks

OK will see if I can get one, liked your Facebook page also, will be in touch...thanks

I might have a paper one if ya need it...I'll have a look tomorrow. PM me your email address.

Back