• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how many are in 4 and 5 clip position?

rxwhopper,
From the feedback I have received from customers, most are in the #3 clip position which as you know, is stock. A few are in #4 and so far no one told me they have used the #5 clip position. I am certain that would be way too rich. Unless it is -80F. Then I am sipping some single malt scotch in a hotub somewhere with a pretty lady!

well, i put mine in 4 and it is running awesome. from before compared to now i barely push the throttle to have the revs up. works awesome

I'm in the #4 position as well (one clip richer than stock). It has been there for a couple of seasons now and other than the burble at low speeds the sled pulls very hard in the midrange.

Frosty

hehe, i put them at 5 this week-end, like freddy said, way too rich, so rich that i have difficulty to ride at low speed. I was at 4 before and its really good, i was hearing some backfire at low speed at 4, its why i give them a try at 5, but ERROR.

Listen to that Video with sound loud and you will understand.

http://media.putfile.com/rx-1-poudreuse

Im gonna give it a try at 3.

5 is way to rich.

4 was running good

3 may it run better than in position 4, let's find it.

Freddy, do you think that the single pipe should need a little bit more than 3 ?

so hard :Rockon: im crying,

ok, not really. I just put needle at 3, look like borderline, some happy little flame when letting off the throttle. And some backfire.

I will give him a try tomorrow in the mountain. Should be ok.

I must be running in 1 then...as I have dropped the needles right to the bottom to lean it out....super good throttle response and no bog that I can tell yet. I haven't WOT it for a stretch yet tho...so I may be moving them soon.

i must tell you something, straight pipe is hard to tune when you dont know sh_t about carburation.

Needle at 3 is a little bit too lean at the beginning of the day, i got some flame and more the day goes (with filter clean) the low end start to be rich, and got more and more difficulty to start the sled. I think i have more than one problem. first float seems off, motor shut down when going down hill, and i down know why, but the low end seem to richen up more the day goes. That give me a weird throttle response a low RPM.

I will write the setting i have right now and restart from the beggining. synchro and make them verified by a mechanic. Maybe something wrong with the carb.

Back