• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HOW MANY ATTAK/LTX GUYS ARE SWITCHING TO XTX???

MR.HAPPY

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
YAMAHA
I can not make up my mind on what to do? The smart thing for the money [which I never follow] is to buy the LTX Apex again, but I'm really thinking about putting a bigger tank & my Razor skis on a XTX & give it a try! Are there any guys that have rode the XTX and have any intelligent comments? Just trying to make up my mind without ever riding the XTX! I also weight 270sh too!

THANKS!

BR

I liked Nytro FX a lot. 130 pulls good but 150 more top end & pulls better too. Sat down with buddy & had a few beers to talk it over since we both rode the same sleds at a Yamaha factory test ride in Hancock,MI. I'm 230 geared 5'11" my bud is 6'6' 220 geared. Our focus was Apex LTXGT or Apex 121. We rode those & Apex GTLTX was the clear winner all the way just handled so much better than 121. The Nytro FX was a big surprise for both of us. Pulled like a reaped ape, did not dart & handled bumps well. Sitting to standing was automatic you just did it without thinking. Wind protection was very poor & the instrument pod was tiny. The Nytro RTX was harsh & good for jumping but not a long mile sled. The Nytros were very high on the factor scale & that is what grabbed us & confused us. We are power cruisers that ride 80-100 on wide trails so Apex LTX should be our sled but that darn Nytro FX was sooooooo much fun to ride. We figured the Nytro FX would be great in 136 but was not available in 08. We had to think about what we exspected from a sled & the Apex GT LTX won. I bought new non current 2007 Attack & my bud bought used 06 Rage & we are very happy with our sleds. Now Yammie releases 09 144 Nytro XTX & it should be a great sled. I'm not sure the wind protection is there yet & the instrument pod is small compared to Apex. The 144 will be good for our ungroomed fire road riding & will bridge stutters well but I don't know if I could give up plush Attack ride & appointments for 24/7 Nytro. So for me 2 sleds FX 121 Nytro to play with & Apex GTLTX for long mile days. Nytro XTX would be ok as new sled but not going from Attack GT to Nytro. For me 2 different sleds for different markets.

I rode an XTX this spring, and I own an 06 Attak. I am going to be switching to the XTX for next year. The reason for me is that I live in MN but also live for that trip out west. The attak does alright off trail in MN, but in the mountains it was a beast. I love this beast on trails, mind you. I am hoping that I won't be missing the power of the 4 cyl mil, rider position, and comfort. I am also a big boy 6' 300#. The comparison between the two, Stand up position, Nytro is spot on. Attak even with riser was a compromise, good, not great. Sit down comfort, Attak, but not by as much as I thought. Wind protection, Attak with mid. The engine on the Nytro is closer to the Apex than the Vector. The throttle response is snappy and crisp like the Apex, it is ready to go right now when asked. It just doesn't have quite as much. The Apex pulls longer. Overall, I would say the Nytro just feels easier to throw around, smaller. If I could afford two sleds I would keep the attak and get a mountain, but I can't, so I think the XTX will be the overall best sled for me. You need to ask yourself where and how you ride to figure out which is best for you. Alot of people go for the newest, just because it is new, but to me it seems like a lot of people do that then complain that the sled wasn't what they wanted. Hope that helps.

COLDONE said:
I can not make up my mind on what to do?
BR

I can, but it's easy for me to decide because we ride 99.9% of the time on AWESOME GROOMED TRAILS :Rockon:

And I'm Keepin My LTX GT

It sounds like whereabouts you ride that new NYTRO XTX 144" might just be the Perfect Set Up 4 You.

OLD DOG
Please take a moment to fill in your profile location as it's required by all members.Thank You

Traded in our Rage on a white XTX today. Keeping our Attak, will let you know how they compare next winter

Made up my mind & going with the Apex LTX again! They are just to nice of a sled to take a chance on a less hp, less gas range, more rider forward, colder handwarmers, no storage sled!
For almost the same money!!??
BR

I sold MY Apex Attack and snow checked an Nytro RTX SE. I wanted something lighter, with better suspension. As for gas I will buy a TRail tank or Tour BUddy. I loved the attack but wanted something different.

I've had 2 apex attaks and 1 LTX GT. I just ordered a Venture GT for 09. I put 4000 miles a year on a sled. Mostly long milege cruising in Canada. The new Venture GT looks like a great package for me. The Long track Attak/ LTX GT are a little front end heavy. I'm hoping the Venture GT will be more balanced front to rear.

stinx, If you bought a RTX for a better ride than your Attak you've got a big surprise comming! No 121 will take bumps better than a 136, not a chance!

:drink:

BR

A nytro better take bumps better than an attak, beacuse when pushed hard My attack started breaking suspension parts. Small bumps and stutter bumps Im sure will feel better on an Attak, but the big nasty end of the day crap will be better on a Nytro

I snow checked a XTX but i have been riding a warrior 2005 with the apex seat not a attack/ltx.
i am looking forward to the fuel injection. i have not rode the Nytro so i am taking a chance on how it will ride

Back