• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Many Buyers Bought 2022 With EPS

My brother and I both ordered LTX GTs. Just heard from the dealer mid November delivery. Already have the BOP goodies ready to go.
Shaft saver, chain tensioner bolt, belt adjust tool, roll over bypass kit, and scratchers

I was set to purchase a GT but the dealerships allotment was cancelled. I was going to paint a low sport windshield ink blue to match. I think it would've looked great! Power steering, lower front shocks, a 1.25" track, and a multi tune map would've made for the ultimate groomed trail burner! I'll probably end up ordering a 2023 SRX if they offer EPS.
For now, I'm looking forward to my 2022 snowcheck XCR 850.

I checked with my dealer this weekend, and according to his computer, my LTX GT EPS is due the "second half of December." I suppose that is awfully close to being January, but it still "sounds" better to say December, and hope for a pre-Christmas delivery.

Unfortunately, Yamaha cancelling the in-season sleds for dealers left my dealer with a couple of 2-stroke Yamaha's to sell this year. Talking with him about the situation gave me a new perspective in that dealers have to hold up their end of a dealership agreement, regardless of whether it is Ski doo, Polaris, Arctic Cat or Yamaha. Yamaha's cancellation of the in-season sleds didn't change the dealer's responsibilities under those franchise agreements, but it did affect the profitability of maintaining a Yamaha dealership. At some point, it just isn't worth it anymore.

No in season sleds has my Yamaha dealer wondering if he can move forward next year with sleds. Definitely a crossroads year. Maybe Yamaha is doing this by design like BRP did with Evinrude. Got out blamed it on the Pandemic which was total BS 4s engines forced them out of outboards.

I hate to sound callous, but how can anybody be surprised by this? They stated last spring that pre-order would take precedent. Spring order only has been around for 2 years, this being the 3rd year with the "hope" of floor models.
Any dealer that told a customer last spring that they would just sell them a floor model and did not get the customer to pre-order has their own self to blame.
I know being in this business is tough when you are a small shop, I work for a smaller car dealership. But to say this was surprise is being a little short sighted.....
I guess maybe after 3 years of pre order only this may be the preverbal "straw on camels back" for some???
The smaller Cat dealer around here loved the pre order only, he sold every unit with no hold overs and no extended floor plan.
Every new sled I have bought in the last 25 plus years has been a pre-order OR a late season March purchase that the dealer had to unload at a significant discount to avoid sitting on it all summer. Those late season left over purchases now are gone so if you want to get a sled you better order one.

I hate to sound callous, but how can anybody be surprised by this? They stated last spring that pre-order would take precedent. Spring order only has been around for 2 years, this being the 3rd year with the "hope" of floor models.
Any dealer that told a customer last spring that they would just sell them a floor model and did not get the customer to pre-order has their own self to blame.
I know being in this business is tough when you are a small shop, I work for a smaller car dealership. But to say this was surprise is being a little short sighted.....
I guess maybe after 3 years of pre order only this may be the preverbal "straw on camels back" for some???
The smaller Cat dealer around here loved the pre order only, he sold every unit with no hold overs and no extended floor plan.
Every new sled I have bought in the last 25 plus years has been a pre-order OR a late season March purchase that the dealer had to unload at a significant discount to avoid sitting on it all summer. Those late season left over purchases now are gone so if you want to get a sled you better order one.

Although we're a little disappointed we wont have any in season sleds, it is in no way a surprise (to us) that in season units were cancelled.

If I were in the market for a new sled yes I would go eps as I have ii on my 2015 vector. I’m not real old. But it is a noticeable difference at the end of the day having it vs not. But I have just a little over 10k miles on the vector so I won’t be looking for a few more years.

Back