• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Many Buyers Bought 2022 With EPS

Not me.

Last edited:
SW Eps was offered for a reason in the eyes of Yamaha marketing to capture old blue faithful who were hooked on eps. Every marketing organization wants to know if they called it correctly. Only way to know is to ask. Idk Apex and Vector users have been buying doo 4s for years so might not be many left or they choose to ride the old eps vectors and apex into the ground. No use waiting for pure Japanese sled with eps that ship sailed years ago. The Hybrid AC / Yamaha sleds are the past , present and future very obvious that decision is here to stay. Only question in my mind is if AC finally develops a new platform to replace the procross? I highly doubt it imo since both Textron and Yamaha are making money on the procross. They would be smart to refine well know problems and make the procross with Yamaha engines the most reliable sled in the world. That would be a huge seller and a challenge for all competitors and very very attractive to all consumers.

I'm hoping I will get another season out of my Apex before she goes to pieces and blows up, the miles are climbing though 1860 miles, i'm starting to sweat, maybe I should look at the Winder with power steering to be safe.

I'm hoping I will get another season out of my Apex before she goes to pieces and blows up, the miles are climbing though 1860 miles, i'm starting to sweat, maybe I should look at the Winder with power steering to be safe.
Common sense should tell us the old eps iron won’t last forever. Eps was born in 2o11 going on 12 years Yamaha 4s sleds born in 2003. Upgrades way way overdue but to what? Yamaha wasn’t on my radar until they finally reintroduced eps. I need to demo eps see how good on the procross sure was a great improvement on the delta box. On a 900t enduro now.

Good thread whitedust. It looks like there's a few longtime TY members that have ordered a new SW with EPS already but I'm also curious as to how many of the SW EPS buyers are coming from the Vector/Apex camp.

It looks like with only 4 days left in the Spring Power Surge that Yamaha is advertising "Low inventory" on the EPS models so they've got to be happy with the market acceptance of these models.

I plan on trying one out at Kip's shop next year. I'm perfectly happy with my 2021 SRX that I got last year but my wife might want to upgrade next year from her 2018 LTX-LE depending on what she thinks of the EPS.

Good thread whitedust. It looks like there's a few longtime TY members that have ordered a new SW with EPS already but I'm also curious as to how many of the SW EPS buyers are coming from the Vector/Apex camp.

It looks like with only 4 days left in the Spring Power Surge that Yamaha is advertising "Low inventory" on the EPS models so they've got to be happy with the market acceptance of these models.

I plan on trying one out at Kip's shop next year. I'm perfectly happy with my 2021 SRX that I got last year but my wife might want to upgrade next year from her 2018 LTX-LE depending on what she thinks of the EPS.
Dr not sure exactly what’s wrong with my left shoulder stretched tendon or torn rotator cuff. It got so sore after my Moderna shot my heart rate was 112 at rest and pain was so bad I couldn’t sleep. They gave me a cortisone shot and instant pain relief but my left arm and shoulder is weak. I’m hoping I can recover but rotator cuff injuries take along time to heal. I emailed Kip late today asking if he’s going to have a GT eps full time demo next season. I hope he does but if all sold maybe not. I need to ride one see how it goes. Pats SW demos in the past were great sleds but hard to steer compared to my Apex Xtx at the time.

I just ordered power steering Winder.
I was recently North with a guy with 18 Apex. Coming down from the Canyon to Cochrane he jumped on a 2020 Winder GT. He and I put the hammer down for miles and miles. It was awesome. That's why I love sledding. If you drove like that on any other vehicle anywhere else, you would be hit with thousands in fines and maybe lose your license.
Needless to say, he ordered one too.
He is keeping the Apex also, it's a cool sled still.

I just ordered power steering Winder.
I was recently North with a guy with 18 Apex. Coming down from the Canyon to Cochrane he jumped on a 2020 Winder GT. He and I put the hammer down for miles and miles. It was awesome. That's why I love sledding. If you drove like that on any other vehicle anywhere else, you would be hit with thousands in fines and maybe lose your license.
Needless to say, he ordered one too.
He is keeping the Apex also, it's a cool sled still.
Congrats Rob.. EPS will be a sweet add on on a already amazing sled.
After many years waiting for another Japanese snowmobile with the Apex engine, I finally gave in and ordered 2022 SRX.
15000 miles on my third APEX, my old knees are complaining, time to try the
Sidewinder. Most ? Of the bugs are sorted
Out by now. Looking forward to next year.
Oh..... I’m keeping my Apex XTX
Congrats to you to SNOW HO.. it’s about time LOL.. I personally don’t understand why people are waiting or what they are waiting for. Im in the flooring business and my knees are shot, every ride on my Apex was painful, switching to the SW has kept me in the sport. Yamaha is a stubborn company, in a perfect world they would of listened to the endless complaining about the seat height/suspension and fixed the issues and all of us still would be on Apex’s.
You made a great choice and will realize that on your first ride.

Back